Looks like some bad news....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
As some of you all know, my laptop is down, and it looks like I've lost all the data on it. My researching data, email addresses, pictures, sound files, and what's really distressing, my recipes. I had, at last count, 3,545 recipes on my HDD.

I burned a back up CD-ROM back in March when I got my laptop. I have that disc, but my desktop pc just doesn't seem to want to open it. I think I burned another backup before we moved to OK, but if I did, I can't find it.

So, I'm going to start going through my posts here, and cut/paste the recipes. I have a friend that I send recipes to, and she is going to email them all back to me. Then, I just have a lot of typing to do. It will probably take me a few years to get up where I was.

I would die!!!!!! I feel your pain - almost. I just backed mine up a couple weeks ago. Good luck in your "recovery".

I actually keep a folder in the kitchen with printouts of the recipes that I use all the time. However, my kids have hidden it from me in the past couple of weeks, and I don't even have access to my hardcopies.

I used to print hardcopies of each and every one of my recipes, but, when those started growing to 8 or 9 LARGE binders full of printouts, and the hassle of moving with them, and storing them, I got rid of them a couple of years ago, especially since I hardly ever used them.

Despair not, Allen! Google is your friend!

I just lost all the recipes I had on my hard drive, no back up. I find it kind of freeing. I rarely make the same thing twice anyway.

I have just one binder of printed out recipes that I love to repeat and/or have been dying to make. Otherwise, I'm relying on DC and Google!

Lee

Lee

Crash

AllenOK said:
As some of you all know, my laptop is down, and it looks like I've lost all the data on it. My researching data, email addresses, pictures, sound files, and what's really distressing, my recipes. I had, at last count, 3,545 recipes on my HDD.

I burned a back up CD-ROM back in March when I got my laptop. I have that disc, but my desktop pc just doesn't seem to want to open it. I think I burned another backup before we moved to OK, but if I did, I can't find it.

So, I'm going to start going through my posts here, and cut/paste the recipes. I have a friend that I send recipes to, and she is going to email them all back to me. Then, I just have a lot of typing to do. It will probably take me a few years to get up where I was.

Take a look at smartcomputing.com
Tech Support, Computer Virus, Computer Security, Computer Virus Information, Home Network
There are a lot of knowledgble people there. You have to register before you can post, however you can scan and or search.

I'll take a look later tonight but would probablay need all the vitals before I could post a question.
I've had trouble with CD's formated on one machine and they wouldn't work on other,

Take Care,
Charlie

Last edited:
Dead laptop

My hard drive died last year and I took it to the local computer whiz outfit. They saved all the data and I got a new hard drive at least 10 times bigger for less than $100!!

You might consider that before risking losing everything.

Back
Top Bottom