Lords A Leaping Dinner - 1/3/2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grilling weather! Teriyaki chicken wings, blue cheese jalapeno green onion dipping sauce and grilled acorn squash rings.

Pancakes, sausage & applesauce
informenter-marker-1.png

Chicken wings here this afternoon, too. Didn't feel like grilling, so I just roasted them in the oven with a little olive oil, lemon, and garlic. Sliced cucumber and radishes with ranch dressing for a side.

Skillet browned thighs with a mushroom/shallot gravy I made with BTB mushroom base.

The chicken and gravy skillet was finished in the oven along side a baking dish of frozen "fancy dressing" from Thanksgiving with mushroom gravy on the side.

Loaded salads finished the meal.
Good eats.

Last edited:
With head hanging in shame, Jr. Burger King hamburger and F.F.

Pirate picked it up on his way back home from the dentist. Thought he was doing something nice for me. I think it was so that he wouldn't have to cook.

Pinto Beans for the Freezer Project yesterday, so of course some made it to the Dinner Table....

Bean Project 2019.jpg

Yesterday's Plate ;
Italian Sausage Nuggets with Jack Daniel's Sauce, Pinto's with Bacon and Sweet Onion, Honeyed Carrots...

Sausage Nuggets, Jack Daniel's Sauce, Pinto's, Candied Carrots.jpg

Last night I made my first Turkish recipes from my new cookbook: a baked kofta (meatball type of mixture) covered with tomato sauce and served with rice and orzo pilaf. The meat is flavored with fresh onion, garlic and parsley, cumin and Aleppo pepper. Really good.0103191845a.jpg0103191949.jpg0103191955.jpg

That's beautiful and interesting GG. I never heard of Aleppo pepper, and found this..
This spice about half as hot as the crushed red chile flakes you put on your late-night dollar-slice pizza, and easily twice as flavorful. Like salt, Aleppo-style pepper is a flavor enhancer. It marries slow-building heat with earthy, cumin-y undertones and a little hit of fruity tang—and yes, it’s as delicious as it sounds.
I see that Penzey's carries it.

I love Aleppo pepper, Kayelle. It's great on roasted carrots, in scrambled eggs, in chili, lots of uses.

BTW, may I suggest comparing prices between Penzys and The Spice House when you shop? I've found out that almost every time I compare, a Spice House purchase is less expensive even if paying for shipping. Happily, both company's quality is superior and equal.

That's beautiful and interesting GG. I never heard of Aleppo pepper, and found this..

I see that Penzey's carries it.
Thanks, Kay. Yes, I got some from Penzeys many years ago, after I visited Turkey. A few months ago, I discovered a Mediterranean deli/grocery store near my doctor's office that has bulk spices, so I bought some there, along with other Middle Eastern ingredients.

Btw, the war in Syria has decimated the Aleppo pepper export business, so for the last few years, it actually comes from Turkey.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom