Lunch 11/7/2016 - Thinking possible quiche?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erehweslefox

Sous Chef
Beloved Wife is sick, and not at work, and I have the day off, but I have a limited pantry. We paid off some big huge bills, and are kind of broke until Friday, so working with what I have in the fridge and freezer.

I have some excellent fresh farm eggs, which I want to let shine, so I'm thinking of a quiche.

I have

Spinach, about a pound, was frozen thawing
Kale
Onions, plenty
Lemons
Flour
Butter
Yeast, both dry active and a going sourdough starter
The Usual Spices one might suspect I have
Garlic

I have some other sundries, I imagine I could come up with chick peas or a can of Ro-Tel or some carrots from the back of my pantry.

Any thoughts? I'm thinking of a pie type crust, and making a spinach onion quiche. Kind of figure I can do the spinach with a bit of garlic, and the onions, maybe 1/2 tsp of cumin and a bit of cayanne for kickers? Ground pepper, it might come together.

Anyway input is requested and desired, and when it works out I'll post the recipe for future use. Kind of winging it this morning. I am lucky to have a day off while my wife is sick, plan on pushing tea and food to her all day!

Best and brightest,

TBS

Quiche sounds like a great idea for your ingredients. Not sure if you need the lemon, though it might add an interesting flavor. Do you have any cheese?

How about some homemade lemon egg soup with kale in it and a pie crust-y onion tart?

If you really want to bake, make a yeasty, sweet dessert or some cinnamon buns which would be awesome with tea. Imo, warm cinnamon buns and tea are awesome comfort food ... ;)

Ended up breaking into the emegency food for powdered milk, it can be replaced, and I needed something milklike. good quiche was had, but with kind of a pie crust.

Janet, Lemon Egg soup? I have not heard of this. I adore all three words in that phrase.

TBS

Mmmm....the above Egg/Lemon Soup sounds delicious! Copied and saved that one. :yum:

Fox...I do hope Beloved feels better very soon. :wub:

When I'm not feeling well, an egg dinner is my go-to...an omelet, fried egg sandwich....or my fave....poached or scrambled eggs mixed up with cubed toast. That way I can have it all in one bowl, in front of the TV, with a blanket across my lap. Pure comfort there. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom