"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 03-21-2006, 07:37 PM   #11
Sous Chef
Send a message via AIM to Corinne
Here's my favorite pasta salad recipe. It makes 16 servings so you might want to scale it down.

Pizza Pasta Salad
1 pound spiral macaroni cooked and drained
3 medium tomatoes diced & seeded
1 pound cheddar cheese diced
1 bunch green onions (to 2 bunches) sliced
3 ounces pepperoni slices
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup Parmesan cheese grated
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
croutons optional

Instructions: In large bowl, combine macaroni, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, green onions & pepperoni.

In small bowl, combine oil, Parmesan cheese, vinegar & seasonings; pour over macaroni mixture.

Cover & refrigerate for several hours.

Top with croutons just before serving if desired.

I'm all about the food!
Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 07:48 PM   #12
Executive Chef
simple burrito is refried beans (canned) ground meat browned, cooked together with onion and garlic (or onion and garlic powder or flakes or whatever), add mexican spice packet sold in spice aisles at stores, maybe a little tomato sauce maybe not...rolled up in a tortilla ...greens, sour cream cheese any can be added or used as sides. Make as hot or mild as you like with red pepper or chilis etc.

Robo410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:11 PM   #13
Assistant Cook
Good question about the salads. Sorry, I just meant regular veggie salads are out. But then tuna salad is out too cause I hate seafood. lol But I am looking for a good pasta salad recipe, like I mentioned earlier. Thanks for the meat and pita tips!
CommMajor101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 01:44 AM   #14
Assistant Cook

turn a search engine loose on "bento box".

The Japanese have the box lunch nailed.

bobngreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 02:29 AM   #15
Assistant Cook
It seems like a lot of these suggestions require refridgeration...which doesn't seem to be an option here.

The only thing I can think of is easy mac, ramen and fresh fruit for non-refridgeration.

If you want to semi-chef it up at work you could probably just cook pasta in a container like easy mac does then just bring vegetables and that sort of thing to cut up at work and add to it. You could also bring canned items to put in your pasta. I think that would work anyway, never done it.

Not too sure what to tell ya though other than that...

All the things I suggested required refidgeration. If you're interested I got my wrap & pasta salad recipes from allrecipes.com. The wrap is sort of a burrito/wrap with canned black beans, canned pinto beans, canned tomatoes, rice & pepperjack cheese, wrapped in tortillas. Pasta salad was just rotini, diced tomatoes, sliced cucumber, red onion with italian dressing.

Phantom of the Kitchen is offline   Reply With Quote