Major snowstorm here! What's for Dinner Thursday Dec. 13th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flourgirl

Senior Cook
Snow's coming down an inch an hour here. I'm hoping DH is already on his way home!

I'm making winter comfort food here, an eye-round braised pot roast style, baked potatoes with butter, green beans and hot rolls to warm us up tonight.

What's on your table?

It's been coming down heavy for the last 1 1/2 hours here!

I have some fresh sole fillets, one little zucchini and some tomatoes. Not sure what to do with it all yet!!!

Going to see Trans Siberian Orchestra's Christmas show tonight. Haven't decided on dinner yet. Something quick and easy for sure! For you snow bunnies we set a record high here yesterday of 76. So far today is cooler but still around 64.

I didn't make my Swiss Steak last night, so I'll do that today.

Hi from Toronto.....Oakville being not too far away....can I throw you some veggies...LOL
pan fry the sole, and make a little sauce out of the zucchini and the tomatoes....hmmmm?

I'm in Western CT, near Waterbury. My poor DH works near Mystic though, in Groton. He's got quite a commute ahead of him. Stay safe out there!

I suppose I'm a transplanted Nutmegger--I grew up in Windham. The snow is really coming down here in RI too, so I'm staying in!

I'll be cooking steaks tonight. I usually serve salad with them and if I'm motivated enough I'll make garlic bread.

We're on the move tonight. We have to pick up daughter #2 at 6pm and have daughter #1 to her band concert by 6:30pm. Ken works til 5:30 or so, so he will swing by and pick up the little one and I'll have wraps ready for them to munch on in the car on the way.

I'm thinking chicken salady wraps. I've got some chicken breast thawing and I'll do sort of a caesar salad thing and toss in some tomato and cucumber for good measure. I'll also put the soup on to simmer for when we get home cuz I bet we will all want something when we get home.

I don't envy you all with the snow. Having grown up in Central NY, I had enough to last me a lifetime. It is hot & sunny here in Isla Mujeres, MX. We are going to get hit with Olga rains on Sunday. As for dinner tonight, we are going to have grilled chicken caesar salad with some grilled veggies. A splenda cheesecake for my father-in-law (he's diabetic) & turtle brownies for us.

I made shnitzel last night for today. But it smeled and tasted so good, everybody kept tasting it, so there was nothing left for tonight. I guess, my wife will have to come up with something. By the time i come home it is too late for diner.

Chilly and overcast here - another simple dinner

Hearty lentil soup
Leftover french bread from yesterday - I'll toast it and add goat cheese.
No dessert, as usual.

Cold damp and rainy here,
So, I'm cooking a peruvian rotissorie chicken on the grill!
Nothing like cooking on the deck in the cold rain:rolleyes:.
Also making a potato and cheese cassarole from a recipe that I found in the paper this morning. This one has beer in it instead of cream or milk, so it's gotta be good! Don't know about another veggie yet.

Since our work Christmas party was postponed, I have to think of something. Maybe deep fried hot dogs and potatoes with some baked beans.

We're having a crock-pot meal tonight. It's called polenta-chili casserole. There's a layer of cooked polenta on the bottom and up the sides of the crock-pot, then a mixture of canned chili with beans, cubed chicken breast and chopped onions poured in. When it's nearly done, shredded Monterey Jack goes on top to melt. Buck'll love it. It's something he can put hot sauce on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom