make a 4 course meal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tsi88kid

Senior Cook
what would you guys do? I would make a menu that goes something like this.

Amuse Bouche: Smaller red potato hollowed out to make and cup, roasted and then filled with a minced bacon bechamel sauce.

Salad: Basil, Shredded fresh mozzarella, and tomato salad served with a simple vinagrette.

Entree: Panco breaded and fried chicken breast stuffed with tomato, roasted red peppers and arugula.

Dessert: Banana bread pudding served with carmelized bananas and chantilly cream.

I'm not sure if you count the Amuse Bouche as a course and if so then what would you use to make a 3 course meal.

An amuse buche and an appetizer are the same thing. The only difference is that an amuse buche is complimentary or a "gift," if you will, from the restaurant. Your menu sounds quite nice and seems as though it will lend it well to some creative and attractive presentation. I suggest you use several different types/colors of tomatoes in your salad for eye appeal.

I would add some bourbon to the banana bread pudding. Or rum, perhaps.

I'd change the bacon for pancetta. I'd use a purple potato instead of red...
why..?
Because you have red tomatoes in your next course, and you'd be repeating red and white.

I like the second course, but I'd not served tomatoes again in the the third course, even if it is in the stuffing. I'd go with goat cheese, cranberries and chestnuts in the stuffing. I'd serve it with haricot vert.

I'd do a semi fredo for dessert instead of the bread pudding (the bread pudding I'd save for a more southern/creole meal). I'd serve the semi fredo, probably a dark chocolate one, in a toulle with a cognac or triple sec sauce.

That sounds like a good meal verablue!

Although I would probably just take the tomato out of the chicken and I forgot the mention that I would stuff it with borson (sp?) cheese.

Back
Top Bottom