Manic Monday! Dinner for Nov 18/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today is Stirling's birthday, so we went to a nice Italian resto, Mozza, in our neighbourhood. I had a pasta dish with shrimp, garlic, EVOO, and cherry tomatoes. It was nummy. Stirling had a thin crust pizza from their wood fired oven and said it was excellent.

Happy Birthday to Stirling! Glad your meals were so good!

I'm looking at them, too! Aren't they wonderful?

We had fried pork chops, kale greens, black-eyed peas, and gravy and biscuits. I'm currently exploring American Southern cooking, with very much help from Carl's Mamma and Gwen.

This was very good! I steamed the kale greens and we put a few drops of lemon juice on it. I seasoned the black-eyed peas with a piece of salt pork, black pepper, a tiny bit of minced garlic, a small amount of chopped onion and sage.

Southern foods are very good but very filling to the stomach!

With love,
~Cat

Your meal sounds delicious, Cat. And, yes, southern food can be very filling but, boy, is it ever good. There's nothing more comforting on a chilly day than a nice big bowl of white beans and a slab of cornbread slathered with butter.

Orange Glazed Salmon

Making Orange Glazed Salmon with butter pecan brown rice.

Glaze has orange marmalade, chicken stock, allepo pepper and a little salt
Rice has chicken stock, turmeric, sweet basil, thyme with butter roasted pecans. Wife loved it.

cheers pac!can't find saltine crackers over here,but all the supermarkets sell an italian cracker called doriano.found quite a few posts,on the web,by us ex pats in the uk who were missing saltines,saying that they are damn near identical to the real thing.i've bought them,in the past,to eat with cheese.very thin & crispy with a light sprinkling of salt.does that sound like saltines?.anyway,i'll give them a go & let you know:chef:!!

cheers pac!can't find saltine crackers over here,but all the supermarkets sell an italian cracker called doriano.found quite a few posts,on the web,by us ex pats in the uk who were missing saltines,saying that they are damn near identical to the real thing.i've bought them,in the past,to eat with cheese.very thin & crispy with a light sprinkling of salt.does that sound like saltines?.anyway,i'll give them a go & let you know:chef:!!

It looks and sounds exactly the same to me:

P1100971.jpg

It looks and sounds exactly the same to me:

P1100971.jpg

saltines.jpg

forgot to mention,some of the posts were from pregnant us ex pats,craving saltines.reading the posts it seems that saltines have quite a "crave" following with mum's to be,your side of the pond??

That sounds exactly like saltines.
I think I used eight out of the box of 140 for that recipe and ate the rest just snacking. I love saltines. And I prefer Nabisco over the other one or two brands sold here. There is a difference. I hope those work out for you. You probably won't notice a difference in the crab cake, but you have to eat the rest afterward, lol.

That sounds exactly like saltines.
I think I used eight out of the box of 140 for that recipe and ate the rest just snacking. I love saltines. And I prefer Nabisco over the other one or two brands sold here. There is a difference. I hope those work out for you. You probably won't notice a difference in the crab cake, but you have to eat the rest afterward, lol.
yep!!gg just posted pics of saltines & doria crackers.look identical.the doria's are fab with cheese but,as you say,great on their own,straight out of the box:pig:!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom