Mar 1, 2017 Ash Wednesday, What's on your table?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks good, GG!

Just checked our sale flyers here Dawg, and asparagus is .99/lb. in both of our grocery stores now, too. I just used up the last of what I bought recently, but love it so much I'll def buy more at that price. :)

Looking more, pork shoulder roasts for .78/lb, and bone-in chicken breasts for .87/lb., eggs for .99/carton. Good deals! Looks like I'll be stocking up on the meats. I'll skip the grocery store eggs though, and pay a little more for fresh at the local farm stand this Sunday. :yum:

Last edited:
Italian Wedding Soup.jpg

This worked out perfectly.
Neither of us were very hungry, so a light soup (I skipped the "egg drop" part of the soup, just grated cheese and a drizzle of EVOO over the top with some fresh ground black pepper) but very satisfying with that yummy bread. It's been rainy, snowy, grey, yucky and cold, so this was wonderful. Leftover lemon bars for dessert later. ;)

Chef's night off. Romano's Macaroni Grill, take out:

Grilled Lamb Chops, mustard cream sauce, roasted parmesan potatoes, house-roasted vegetables (zucchini, squash, red onion).

20% off coupon, change from a $20! Well worth it, and enjoyed the free bread and zero effort!

Also enjoyed a night free of cooking duty. :)

Last edited:
It's supposed to be shrimp something over polenta and two vegs. That requires me to get out of my recliner and into the kitchen. *sigh*
I guess I was more comfortable than I thought. Fell asleep during the PBS Nightly News and then some. When I woke up, we were hungry. Change of plans and menu - ended up with Progresso veggie soup, grilled cheese sandwiches (on homemade wheat bread) and finger-food veggies (carrot, celery, and cuke sticks with a few cherry tomatoes). No dip, because we had "dessert" later - fresh strawberries topped with a yoghurt-creme fresh dollop.

Guess I'll go start tomorrow's dinner thread...:LOL:

Well, you fell asleep listening to PBS, so you still probably woke up a little smarter. ;)

CD

Back
Top Bottom