March 17, 2011 - What is your St. Patrick's Day Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great looking sausages, mashed potatoes and gravy, bakechef. That's pretty much how I make my gravy with whatever meat I am cooking.

Very nice, Peeps. Love all the veggies. Nice array.
Thank you PaC!! Wheres your pics?

MSM: You had me reaching for my fork (and my drool rag) YUM.:pig:

BakeChef. I haven't had Bangers in years. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, them!:pig:

I didn't find any corned beef today, but I did get two packages of nice pork steaks $2.19#. They are 2/package and thin, so I think I'll just put the two together with stuffing in the middle. Each package should make two meals.

I also found a 2# vac packed Pollack in nice chunks for $5, I think I'll make a fish chowder with half, and have a pig out with some cooked in butter, garlic and dill.:chef:

Last edited:
we're having leftovers. we have spaghetti and meatballs and some left over pot roast. i know so exciting.:D

MSM: You had me reaching for my fork (and my drool rag) YUM.:pig:

BakeChef. I haven't had Bangers in years. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, them!:pig:

I didn't find any corned beef today, but I did get two packages of nice pork steaks $2.19#. They are 2/package and thin, so I think I'll just put the two together with stuffing in the middle. Each package should make two meals.

I also found a 2# vac packed Pollack in nice chunks for $5, I think I'll make a fish chowder with half, and have a pig out with some cooked in butter, garlic and dill.:chef:
Thank you Z. Bakery seeded rye waiting for sandwich time!! LOL

We ate it too fast to take pictures before it got cold. DANG, was it ever good!!
Corned beef
Colcannan..the best I've ever made
buttered honey baby carrots.

This salt lover has had enough to last a year.

I had my corned beef and cabbage last night (I could kick myself--turned out the carrots had gone bad, and that is one of my favorite parts of the meal), then I had leftovers for lunch today.

For supper I had a big salad of lettuce, tomato, avocado, a little Colby-Jack cheese, and green goddess dressing. I guess that's kind of Irish in a way--everything but the tomato and cheese was green. :D

We had Corned Beef and cabbage, carrots, potatoes and onions. Lemon Meringue pie for dessert later. My corned beef was a point cut and was very lean and not salty at all, very delish! BTW "flats" were $7 lb here; this point cut was just under $3 lb. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Cooking

Tuna salad on English muffins with tomatoes, black olives, and melted extra sharp cheddar. Green salad on the side.

Bangers & Mash! braised cabbage and some yummy Apricot Wheat Ale. No dessert per se, but we're picking at this sweet and juicy pineapple I chopped this morning.

i had the leftover pork ribs that i mention earlier today. made lime cilantro rice ( to die for). then made a salad from heaven, spinach, mushrooms, bacon bits. cherry tomatoes, green onion and just for fun, added some fresh black berries i had in fridg. used poppy seed dressing, just wonderful. i am a happy camper..

Well, for most of you, it is already March 18th :LOL: and dinner for us was a few hours ago, but I thought I would chime in with another Irish feast of corned beef, carrots and potatoes. I skipped the cabbage this year because I am the only one who will eat it and there were no small ones at the store. No dessert here.

I ended up making a ham steak and colcannon. Apple bread pudding with and apple brandy sauce for dessert.

My Ireland born father and grandmother would have been proud.

Nothing really "St. Patty's" here, just bbq hamburgers, beans, fried rice (leftover basmati), and Dutch Apple Pie with Oatmeal Streusel Topping for dessert :)

Last edited:
Cream of Potato Leek and Ham Soup
Yeast rolls brushed with Onion/Fresh Dill Butter
Orange Cake

This was our dinner....plain ol' corned beef and cabbage made in the crock-pot.

img_980755_0_dbbf3cbcdfb2e2e3958d12511c8cbce7.jpg

img_980755_1_7df8bfff9ec61d6a65031d221ecf42c0.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom