March 21,2014. What did you eat tonight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
Hey, here's something different. Instead of posting what you are going to have, post what you already ate for dinner? :LOL:

Me being a late eater though, I will have to say what I am going to have for dinner; Jasmine rice, broccoli and grilled salmon "at my house tonight". ;)

Seriously pac, no one started a thread until now? Honestly, if we don't to the work around here no one else bothers. It feels so much like my home! :LOL:

We eat late too. As soon as Himself's last of the tater tots are crispy and the cod fillets are warm I'll be making MockDonald's Slab-o'-Cod sandwiches with tartar sauce, American cheese, and lettuce. I also picked up some pre-made :ohmy: potato salad just in case. For some reason the coffee I drank earlier is still laying sideways in my tummy. It's not a happy place right now. :sick:

Seriously pac, no one started a thread until now? Honestly, if we don't to the work around here no one else bothers. It feels so much like my home! :LOL:

Word:punk:
;)

We eat late too. As soon as Himself's last of the tater tots are crispy and the cod fillets are warm I'll be making MockDonald's Slab-o'-Cod sandwiches with tartar sauce, American cheese, and lettuce. I also picked up some pre-made :ohmy: potato salad just in case. For some reason the coffee I drank earlier is still laying sideways in my tummy. It's not a happy place right now. :sick:

Must be a fish kind of night. :chef:

This is my second time trying to post.

We ARE eating rotisserie chicken, Greek salad and potato wedges.

Dessert will be strawberries and the last of the coconut ice "cream". I will be making another batch - easy and yummy.

Ordered ribs for me and a smoked hamburger for Stirling. Spent the day at the clinic, so I didn't get around to defrosting anything.

Dessert will be strawberries and the last of the coconut ice "cream". I will be making another batch - easy and yummy.

Mind sharing how you do that, LP? <3

Rummaged through the fridge and ended up with left-over white beans over a bed of wilted arugula (garlic and capers) topped off w/ a poached egg. Kind of on the weird side, but it was great.

I said I would stop on the way and bring supper tonight. I didn't realize the wind was at its peak at that hour, remind me to wear a Boat Anchor next time. While I was waiting for the bus, I watched this little kid( 6-7 y/o size), with a back pack as big as himself. Mittens hanging by idiot strings and flapping. Running full speed ahead. I thought child, slow down the sidewalks are slippery, then as he neared the corner, he went up, on top, claimed every snowbank non stop and kept right on running.

We had eggs fu yung, spicy chicken and fried rice.

Birthday dinner. DH and I went out with his parents, a SIL, DH's brother, and his brother's daughter. We all had fish of some sort. DH and I split sesame seared ahi, and got a massive piece of multilayered chocolate cake with vanilla bean ice cream to share with the fam damily.

Not in my house, CG! ;) I ran a few errands, including buying some handmade garlic and thyme sausage from a new butcher shop, and wore myself out. Too pooped to make dinner, we ordered Domino's and I made myself a salad. DH had a big salad for lunch, so didn't want one.

I warmed up the meatballs and sauce, pulled out some sub buns and the shredded cheese. Made meatball subs. I had a salad with mine. Some nice greens with tomatoes, walnuts, blue cheese crumbles, egg and cheese topped off with a smidgen of Ranch and French dressings. Oreo peanut butter cookies (3) and large glass of milk for dessert.

I was craving a juicy burger...so I tossed the metal parts of the meat grinder in the freezer, picked up a small grilling tip sirloin. Topped that burger with old cheddar, bacon, mushrooms, some more cheddar on a fresh all-grain bun with lettuce, tomato, onion and homemade salsa. It was the best burger I've had in a long time. Definitely worth the time it takes to grind the meat at home...

I was craving a juicy burger...so I tossed the metal parts of the meat grinder in the freezer, picked up a small grilling tip sirloin. Topped that burger with old cheddar, bacon, mushrooms, some more cheddar on a fresh all-grain bun with lettuce, tomato, onion and homemade salsa. It was the best burger I've had in a long time. Definitely worth the time it takes to grind the meat at home...
Sounds yummy.

We went to the "big town" to do a couple of errands. As we were leaving the house some Canadian friends called and asked if we were going to town (they had already crossed the border) and did we want to meet at our new favorite Mexican restaurant. We sure did! Unfortunately when we got there our restaurant was not! I guess they couldn't make it and closed up shop. It was a family run place and the location was not the best. ? we had to go to another restaurant and we were sorely disappointed ? back to the search for good local Mexican food ?

Back
Top Bottom