March 22, 2014.....what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aunt Bea;1353171 [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j2X7FaYCwI" said:
Cretons - French Canadian recipe - YouTube[/URL]

That creton recipe sounds great and I'll have to try it. I may add more fat to it. What kind of fat would be best? And how much?

Funny things happen when a person reads YouTube's automatic captions. This was part of the instructions:

"It is also served as a snack on predators as well."
:LOL:

I'll have to try it. I may add more fat to it. What kind of fat would be best? And how much?

You don't have to buy lean pork, regular should give you enough fat. Or about 2 Tbsp of bacon fat could do the trick.

If when you package it and the fat comes to the top - leave it! It works sort of like the layer of oil on top of pesto. Helps keep it moist and tastes yummy.

I first tasted cretons at a now defunct resto chain in Quebec, Marie Antoinette. They were wonderful. Then I saw them at the grocery store and bought some. Gross, far too fatty. I haven't dared buy them in a store. But, Costco was giving samples, so I knew they were good and made of food. The only preservative is salt. The ones I got are "Paysan" brand of "home style" cretons. I have never tried making them myself. I probably will. I thought it was more effort than implied by that video. Thanks for finding it Aunt Bea.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom