Marie Callender Pies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caine

Washing Up
Marie Callender Restaurant & Bakery stores are having their semi-annual pie sale the whole month of October. Any pie is $5.99!

I heard the announcement on the car radio on my way home from work yesterday and immediately exited the freeway at the next Marie Callender's. This time I bought apple, but I am also hoping to get a cherry and a peach before the sale ends.

The last time we bought a whole pie at a restaurant (a couple years ago) it was $8.00, and it was not nearly as good as a Marie Callender pie, so I would say $5.99 is a great price. We don't have Marie Callender restaurants here, but I used to be able to get their frozen pies. Now we can only get their pot pies.

:)Barbara

We don't often buy ready-made pies. Home-made are usually so much better. We have bought them when on vacation and brought them back to the hotel room to eat. I love pie but haven't made one in awhile. I guess it's about time! I'll never forget how my cousins raved about their mom's home-made pies. Then we found out how she made her "home-made" pies. She poured a canned pie filling into a pre-baked store bought crust, then she baked it. I'm not saying they didn't taste ok, but they definitely were not home-made!

:)Barbara

I made a really terrible apple pie last weekend!:rolleyes:

Doesn't Marie Callender make frozen chicken pot pies? I think I've seen those here but not fruit pies.

But then I, too, have never bought a frozen fruit pie.. I stubbornly continue to make my own crappy ones.

Doesn't Marie Callender make frozen chicken pot pies? I think I've seen those here but not fruit pies.

But then I, too, have never bought a frozen fruit pie.. I stubbornly continue to make my own crappy ones.

Hi jenny. MC has several restaurants in my neck o' the woods. If I'm not mistaken, the pies are baked & sold fresh. The food is quite good, as well. Eons ago, I recall lines of folks outside the door at lunchtime. It's been awhile, but think they used to take orders for their pies around Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
How much are the pies when they are not on sale, Caine?

Just curious.

Lee

I believe they're $9.95.

Well, so far, the apple was fantastic, the peach was superb, and the cherry is just so-so. At 1/8 of a pie per day, I think I can squeeze one more pie in before the sale is over, but it's hard to decide on which one. I only like one slice of pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving so that's out, and just thinking about pecan pie makes my teeeth itch and my dentist see a new Mercedes on the horizon, so I am thinking, maybe blueberry?

Oh, BTW, for those who don't have a Marie Callender's restaurant locally, Baker's Square just put THEIR pies on sale for $6.99, but I don't know for how long.

Last edited:

Oh, these aren't frozen pies. They're made fresh, all day, every day. Marie Callender's is just as much a bakery as a restaurant.

Yes they make excellent frozen meat pies, they have both a bottom and top crust, and they come in both small and large. The small is 10 ounces and the large is 16.5 ounces. That's a 1 pound meat pie! I haven't bought them in a long time, but they used to come in chicken, turkey, pot roast (my personal favorite), and my son's favorite, chicken au gratin. I can't eat one of the big ones any more. I think my stomach shrunk when I lost all that weight.

Last edited:
I guess I'm kind of weird, but I just don't buy ready-made pies. Never have in my nearly 50 years of cooking. I much prefer making my own even if it means using a pre-made crust. Just me.
I'm with you, Katie! They're just so easy to make, and I'm never sure what is in some of those fillings. Most of them don't say corn syrup, but when I eat a slice, I get hives all over my hand. :mad:

i've seen them in stores here, but feel a bit put off. do you have to eat them in a timely fashion?

(sorry. not much to work with today. :))

Thanks Caine - I wish we could get them here.

I hardly ever eat a fruit pie but when I make a tomato pie or a homemade chicken pot pie I do buy the Marie Callender frozen pie crusts. They are by far the best pre-made pie crusts I have ever had. Also, they have a mushroom and parmesan chicken pot pie that is superb!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom