Mario Day Dinner - Mar.10, 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
Mario.jpg

This is a gamer holiday that is celebrated on March 10th because of the way the date appears, when abbreviated (Mar.10), it looks just like the name Mario.

National Mario Day | West Virginia, Ohio, & Kentucky | WOWK

Which reminds me, Pi day is coming up on 3.14, so get out your pie recipes now.

Dinner tonight will be a salmon and potato bake, nuked broc.

I wonder what Mario could eat what with all the running and jumping.

I know.

Grilled bacon sliced chicken pepper jack cheese with added avocado on grilled (not very) sour dough bread. Maybe a cup of bbq sauce on the side for dipping.

Leftovers from yesterday here. I took the other piece of chicken fried steak out of the fridge to let it come closer to room temp, and will warm that up in the toaster oven. Broccoli, mashed and gravy to accompany.

Tonight, with power back on, I cooked two pounds of bacon (in the oven) and the three of us had BLTs with guacamole.

Yay, Andy! Glad to hear you're back in modern times.

Joey, those shrimp look delicious.

I got fresh-fried flounder when I was grocery shopping. :yum: We had that with some of last night's leftover mac-and-cheese, steamed broccoli-cauliflower-carrots, and fresh French bread (also from the store). Might have strawberries and ice cream in a bit if we can burp enough room. :LOL:

I uncovered the Weber Genesis (gasser) for the first time in 2018, and grilled up some chicken wings, seasoned with just a touch of salt, lots of black pepper, and granulated garlic. The 17-year-old Weber fired right up, and worked like it would have in 2001.

I need to roll out my 23-year-old Weber Kettle soon, and smoke a meatloaf... or do a rotisserie chicken!

CD

Last edited:
We're still using the same gas grill we bought on sale when we moved to MA. We got a Sunbeam in September 2000 at Home Depot (because Lowe's hadn't moved into the area yet). Himself has put in a new burner a couple of times; otherwise, just ignore it and cook until the tank runs out. Fill, and start all over again. :yum:

What a yuck-o day today!!!
It rained that cold nasty kinda rain ALL DAY!!
If it gets much colder tonight, we'll have snow on the ground in the morning!

The other day I made a huge batch of meatballs in different sizes for the deep freeze. So I pulled some of the minis, some homemade Chicken stock and made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4rgXTTypu4

[file video but I make it the same each time, oh btw please turn up the volume ;)]

Italian Wedding Soup
served with some warm Ciabatta
OOOOHHHHH!!!
It really warmer the soul ...
this was linner, and later on this evening we simply
noshed on cheese and crackers.
Homemade Peppermint Patties for dessert later :ohmy::ermm::yum::chef:
(more on that later ;))

Last edited:
Salisbury steak, steamed thin asparagus (topped with butter and fresh grated parm reg/pecorino Romano cheeses), mashed potatoes and onion gravy (got a little to thick but was wonderful).

salisbury_steak_aspargus_030918_IMG_3764.jpg

Back
Top Bottom