Marshmallow Chocolate Pear Pudding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

les

Sous Chef
I'm always saying I don't have a sweet tooth, & I don't..however when I'm serving up dessert for friends & family, I don't like to be the odd one out, so I eat it anyway, oh well, no willpower :huh:
This pudding I made was scrummy with the marshmallows in the middle

Serves 6
Prep Time 10 mins
Cooking Time 30 mins

img_892765_0_54344ff30fe51b6096070324dd7999ed.jpg

Ingredients

1 kg Pears in natural juice
125g Plain (all purpose) flour
125g Caster (superfine) sugar
25g Cocoa powder
150g Butter, softened or low fat spread
1 Tsp Baking powder
2 Tsp Vanilla extract
1/4 Tsp Bicarbonate of soda
2 Large free range eggs
2 Handfuls of mini marshmallows
Method

Drain the juice from the pears and lay them in rows on the base of the dish
Either beat the eggs and add the flour, sugar bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, vanilla extract, cocoa powder and softened butter using a whisk or blitz the ingredients in a food processor
Finally stir in the mini marshmallows
Pour the mix over the pears
Bake for 30 minutes in a preheated oven
Allow to cool slightly before serving
Serve with fresh cream or vanilla ice cream

Thank you for posting, this sounds delicious and easy to make, I'm going to buy the ingredients today and try it tomorrow and tell you what I think

Before I rush out and buy the ingredients for that disgusting(ly delicious sounding) dessert, could you explain why there are 2 leavening agents in the recipe?
As baking powder already contains bicarb soda along with cream of tartar, it seems like overkill. But of course this recipe may really need the extra soda.

I'm looking for something to serve at a small birthday party for tomorrow that isn't cake. I think that my gluten free flour blend would work in this and there is no dairy so everyone can eat it.

Thanks Les!

Before I rush out and buy the ingredients for that disgusting(ly delicious sounding) dessert, could you explain why there are 2 leavening agents in the recipe?
As baking powder already contains bicarb soda along with cream of tartar, it seems like overkill. But of course this recipe may really need the extra soda.
Yes it does need both, it rises right out the oven :chef:

I'm looking for something to serve at a small birthday party for tomorrow that isn't cake. I think that my gluten free flour blend would work in this and there is no dairy so everyone can eat it.

Thanks Les!
My pleasure! :)

love pears and love chocolate,will def try this one,thanks...

Back
Top Bottom