Masticating Monday. Dinner 2/3/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
I've got some fresh wings to use up or freeze. I'll grill them along with some potato wedges.
Those are my plans. What are yours?

Leftover salmon into salmon patties, or croquettes, if you prefer. A sour cream, green onion, garlic and lemon cold sauce. Shredded cabbage and carrots into rice vinegar and lemon slaw. Cooking a big pot of brown and mixed wild rice for later meals in the week.

always happy to see proper medical terminology..

This afternoon I made a pizza and will have a slice for dinner. Let's see if I can remember what all I put on it...home made crust, canned pizza sauce, 2 kinds of sausage, Canadian bacon, ham, pepperoni ( added after the pizza had been in the oven 10 minutes, opps) Trader Joes 4 cheese Italian blend, provolone cheese, pepper jack cheese, onions, orange green pepper and garlic.

Wow. Are you going to need a hand getting that out of the oven, Beth :LOL:

Beth, I just rattled of the list of ingredients you put on your pizza. Himself said "nice!" with much emphasis! I don't let him have that much meat. :mrgreen:

Made two bowls worth of Asian noodle soup - we're eating in stages tonight. Waiting for the rice to get closer to done so I can stirfry up the shrimp and broccoli. Doesn't take long once all the prepped items are lined up, but so worth is since I like most of my Chinese dishes better than what we get carry-out at any of the local places.

We had pork chops in a herbes de Provence, creamy sauce. I had sauteed 'shrooms with mine and Stirling had fried onions with his, 'cause he doesn't like 'shrooms. A salad with homemade, garlic vinaigrette, boiled potatoes, and white wine accompanied the pork chops.

Beth, I just rattled of the list of ingredients you put on your pizza. Himself said "nice!" with much emphasis! I don't let him have that much meat. :mrgreen:

LOL, I used to be a proponent of less is more when it comes to pizza toppings. When I asked the feller I am dating what he likes on his pizza, I took it that he likes a meat lovers pizza:mrgreen:. I used small portions of each of these ingredients, but the blend of flavors is very tasty.

Got it safely out of the oven Pac, but thanks for offer:LOL:.

Fried chicken and a loaded up potato salad.
img_1341739_0_11bdf852e64703d8174b4f6d9ac67d91.jpg

I just made a nice meatloaf with gravy, baked sweet potatoes, and corn. I'm feeling odd tonight.

With love,
~Cat

Going to be a very late dinner tonight. There are pork shoulder pieces simmering in onion that will, with carrots, peppers and celery, become a stew served over brown rice.

We had corned beef and pastrami sammies. I tried a recipe for potato latkes which were ok, but the amount of pepper called for was excessive, even for me!:ohmy: Oh yeah, also had homemade 1/2 sours.

Giving the old mandibles a proper work-out today. Baked pork chops, baked tater and some butter caramelized corn.

Assuming you don't mean Caramel Corn (the snack) could you give us the recipe for that? I've never heard of it but it does sound delicious.

I can almost hear myself taking a crunchy bite of that chicken :yum:

Thanks, pac. I think the fried chicken mentioned in Isabella's Packed Lunches thread got me in the mood for it. :LOL: I found myself remembering my grandma's fried chicken in her cast iron skillet, and although I didn't have lard or even Crisco shortening, it was pretty darned good. Had the other 2 pieces and the rest of the potato salad for breakfast this morning. :ohmy: :ROFLMAO:

Thanks, pac. I think the fried chicken mentioned in Isabella's Packed Lunches thread got me in the mood for it. :LOL: I found myself remembering my grandma's fried chicken in her cast iron skillet, and although I didn't have lard or even Crisco shortening, it was pretty darned good. Had the other 2 pieces and the rest of the potato salad for breakfast this morning. :ohmy: :ROFLMAO:

I had a couple leftover wings yesterday morning for breakfast :LOL:

I had a couple leftover wings yesterday morning for breakfast :LOL:
Thank you guys, for reminding me. I'm hungry and don't feel like even making toast. I've got wings in the fridge, left over from last night's delivery supper.

Cold wings are expecially good dipped in ranch or blue cheese :yum:

Back
Top Bottom