May 2, 2014 What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Calling it a game is very generous. It's a bunch of 6 and 7 year olds and their first exposure to baseball. It was kind of funny to watch. Think Bad News Bears x 100.

Here's Steven at bat. He got a single and eventually scored.

Sounds like a great game! :)

I didn't feel like actually cooking, so I whipped up a salad with greens, tomato, cucumber, capers, olives, since I barely had any capers left, a can of albacore tuna, a squeeze of lemon and the last of my homemade balsamic vinaigrette.
It's a good thing the Sproutlets will eat almost anything or I'd be in trouble on lazy days! The 2-year-old was disappointed that there weren't many capers though. That little girl has a song about how much she loves them!

Wow, no T-ball even.
Pretty good!

One of the coaches stands about half way between home plate and the pitcher's mound and pitches. There are about 10 kids on each team and they bat around in turn according to their uniform number then the other side comes up.

I made linguini Alfredo and a salad. The salad and vinaigrette were based on/inspired by this recipe http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f17/pomegranate-vinegar-89686-2.html#post1360483. I used a pomegranate balsamic vinegar in the vinaigrette. The salad was pretty much the same as Janet's second salad, but I used pecans instead of sesame seeds. It was wonderful. Next time I will add the crumbled blue cheese. It would go wonderfully well with this salad. The linguini Alfredo was pretty good too. We had it with a Spanish red wine, Toro Loco.

33814-albums294-picture5901.jpg

I'm practically drooling over Taxy's and Kayelle's dinners....they look so good! :yum:

Andy, that pic of little Steven is adorable. Thank you for sharing it. Sounds like the little guy did really well! :wub:

Lots of good looking dinner here - sure am glad my tummy's full. ;)

Andy: Steven's helmet is bigger than he is! Glad you had fun AND nice weather.

Cheryl: My dinner was even easier than yours - our favorite Irish pub did the cooking tonight. Our BIL went with us since his wife (Himself's sister) is in FL doggy sitting. The guys each had Fish & Chips. I had bangers and mash. I ate all the veggies (peas) but brought home half the sausages and potatoes. We each started off with a mug of clam chowder, which this place makes only on Fridays, and we each enjoyed a beer with our dinners. I had a Guinness, my goodness!

Those dinners look good Taxlady and Kayelle, and CG, I love bangers and mash with a dark beer!

We had fish tacos and refried beans,I had an ice cold hard cider with mine.

Bunny...mmm...fish tacos. I love them. :yum:

CG, that sounds like a really nice evening. Fish and chips, bangers and mash...clam chowder...it all sounds good. And someone else cooking is bonus. ;):)

Calling it a game is very generous. It's a bunch of 6 and 7 year olds and their first exposure to baseball. It was kind of funny to watch. Think Bad News Bears x 100.

Here's Steven at bat. He got a single and eventually scored.

Seems like I remember a post from a year or so ago when you were trying to get Steven interested in baseball by playing catch in the yard, I guess it's working!

That picture is one for the memory book!

Seems like I remember a post from a year or so ago when you were trying to get Steven interested in baseball by playing catch in the yard, I guess it's working!

That picture is one for the memory book!

That's just what he posts.
We all know he sits the kid in front of the television and makes him watch 3-1/2 hours of Red Sox games before he'll feed him.
;)

Mine was easier--I had leftover salad and okonomiyaki from the photo session, so all I had to do was take the plastic wrap off the plate. Of course, I did cook 1/2 the day to do the chicken Jalfrezi (Saturday's meal) and the okonomiyaki, not to mention the hour it took to clean up the kitchen. But, we demonstrated that my "venue" works for this gig, so I will be cooking one day a week for the photographer. I think I'll like this. I get paid to cook (in my kitchen and reimbursed for the ingredients), try new recipes, and get to know the photographer--making a new friend is always a good thing at my age (and eat lunch with her one day/week!). She photographed the girls yesterday. Can't wait to get the pics!

That's just what he posts.
We all know he sits the kid in front of the television and makes him watch 3-1/2 hours of Red Sox games before he'll feed him.
;)

It's harder to indoctrinate him when both his parents dislike baseball. But that doesn't mean I won't try.

Pan-grilled kielbasa, German potato salad and roasted asparagus drizzled with tamarind balsamic glaze.

Well, that was *my* plan :LOL: DH came home from work and asked if I wanted to go out to dinner. Hell to the yeah! So we went to one of our favorite places - it's Mexican-inspired, with cheffy interpretations of traditional Mexican food. SO good. They have a new menu, so we both tried new things.

I saw the open-faced tamale with braised beef short ribs and mole sauce and knew it was mine. I love love love tamales. It was so good. DH had pork with mole sauce and sauteed spinach.

Attachments

• 2014-05-02 19.47.35.jpg
    2014-05-02 19.47.35.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 125
  • 2014-05-02 19.48.07.jpg
    2014-05-02 19.48.07.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 135
Back
Top Bottom