"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-01-2016, 10:30 PM   #21
Master Chef
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 8,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
Rack'o'lamb, green beans, tomato/provolone salad...
Perhaps you should call the dish "Rock'o'lamb".

Too bad about the green beans. I've steamed them only once. It was as if they hadn't been cooked at all, just warmer. Now when I have super-fresh beans I'll bring the pot of water to a boil, toss them in, and cook only until they turn brighter green.
__________________

__________________
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 10:40 PM   #22
Master Chef
 
Cheryl J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 6,326
Wonderful sounding dinners, and great pics CG and Kay.

A friend stopped by this afternoon just as I was starting to portion out the leftover pork chop, carrots, and egg noodles from yesterday to warm up for dinner. I covered it all, set it aside, and we had a really nice 2 hour chat. After she left to meet up with her family for dinner, I was tempted to just order out for a pizza. I ended up just chopping up the leftovers, added some frozen peas, scooped it all into a small casserole dish, topped it with leftover gravy and heated it up in the toaster oven. I'm SO glad I did that - it was delicious! Kind of like a pot pie without the crust.

Easy peasy, no leftovers to store for another day, and a little money saved by not ordering out like my lazy self wanted to do.
__________________

__________________
Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty.
Cheryl J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 10:53 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire
 
GotGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southeastern Virginia
Posts: 16,914
I made pizza with the last pound of no-knead bread dough. Topped it with homemade pizza sauce, onions, bell peppers, pepperoni and pineapple and a mix of cheeses. It tasted great, although it stuck horribly to the sheet pan, even though I sprinkled it with corn flour first. I need to work on my pizza peel technique (didn't use it this time).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1462157547908.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	24691  
__________________
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:50 PM   #24
Master Chef
 
Kayelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: south central coast/California
Posts: 9,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Wonderful sounding dinners, and great pics CG and Kay.

A friend stopped by this afternoon just as I was starting to portion out the leftover pork chop, carrots, and egg noodles from yesterday to warm up for dinner. I covered it all, set it aside, and we had a really nice 2 hour chat. After she left to meet up with her family for dinner, I was tempted to just order out for a pizza. I ended up just chopping up the leftovers, added some frozen peas, scooped it all into a small casserole dish, topped it with leftover gravy and heated it up in the toaster oven. I'm SO glad I did that - it was delicious! Kind of like a pot pie without the crust.

Easy peasy, no leftovers to store for another day, and a little money saved by not ordering out like my lazy self wanted to do.
There's nothing better than an unexpected long chat with an old friend! Dinner can always wait with no kids to feed. Those individual casserole dishes come in handy. I love ours.
__________________
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:07 AM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
There's nothing better than an unexpected long chat with an old friend! Dinner can always wait with no kids to feed. Those individual casserole dishes come in handy. I love ours.

Exactly! A long-time buddy stopped by yesterday, and was here for 3 hours. Many giggles and much laughter, and DH didn't get the whole lawn mowed, but oh well.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:20 AM   #26
Master Chef
 
Cheryl J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 6,326
Exactly, Kay and Dawg! Dinners can wait, friends are forever.
__________________
Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty.
Cheryl J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 03:48 AM   #27
Sous Chef
 
CrazyCatLady's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NC
Posts: 532
Dinner was awesome tonight!

French dip sandwiches, cole slaw, and ice cream ... outside on the front deck loving this beautiful weather (in between some rain storms).
__________________
Adopt a kitty and save nine lives.
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 06:26 AM   #28
Sous Chef
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: New Hampshire Seacoast
Posts: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
.. although it stuck horribly to the sheet pan, even though I sprinkled it with corn flour first. I need to work on my pizza peel technique (didn't use it this time).
Coat the pan with olive oil, about a tablespoon plus. Use your fingers when coating the pan. The pizza will easily slide off with the help of a spatula.

Thin crust pizza has turned into a regular lunch item for us. Just a bit of sauce and mozzarella, sometimes with baby spinach or something else that might be in the fridge. I make a no-knead pizza dough, which takes about 2 hours to rise. I make it mid-morning, or a day or two before. Sauce is a mix of 4 oz. tomato sauce, thickened with a tablespoon or so of tomato paste, plus a bit of fennel, basil, and oregano. It cooks with the pizza. Yesterday it was just crushed tomatoes, which was leftover from another meal. That worked well too.
__________________

__________________
tenspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
supper

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.