May Day Sunday supper..5/1/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rack'o'lamb, green beans, tomato/provolone salad...
Perhaps you should call the dish "Rock'o'lamb". ;)

Too bad about the green beans. I've steamed them only once. It was as if they hadn't been cooked at all, just warmer. Now when I have super-fresh beans I'll bring the pot of water to a boil, toss them in, and cook only until they turn brighter green.

Wonderful sounding dinners, and great pics CG and Kay. :)

A friend stopped by this afternoon just as I was starting to portion out the leftover pork chop, carrots, and egg noodles from yesterday to warm up for dinner. I covered it all, set it aside, and we had a really nice 2 hour chat. After she left to meet up with her family for dinner, I was tempted to just order out for a pizza. :LOL: I ended up just chopping up the leftovers, added some frozen peas, scooped it all into a small casserole dish, topped it with leftover gravy and heated it up in the toaster oven. I'm SO glad I did that - it was delicious! Kind of like a pot pie without the crust. :yum:

Easy peasy, no leftovers to store for another day, and a little money saved by not ordering out like my lazy self wanted to do. :)

Last edited:
I made pizza with the last pound of no-knead bread dough. Topped it with homemade pizza sauce, onions, bell peppers, pepperoni and pineapple and a mix of cheeses. It tasted great, although it stuck horribly to the sheet pan, even though I sprinkled it with corn flour first. I need to work on my pizza peel technique (didn't use it this time).

Attachments

• 1462157547908.jpg
    1462157547908.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 138
Wonderful sounding dinners, and great pics CG and Kay. :)

A friend stopped by this afternoon just as I was starting to portion out the leftover pork chop, carrots, and egg noodles from yesterday to warm up for dinner. I covered it all, set it aside, and we had a really nice 2 hour chat. After she left to meet up with her family for dinner, I was tempted to just order out for a pizza. :LOL: I ended up just chopping up the leftovers, added some frozen peas, scooped it all into a small casserole dish, topped it with leftover gravy and heated it up in the toaster oven. I'm SO glad I did that - it was delicious! Kind of like a pot pie without the crust. :yum:

Easy peasy, no leftovers to store for another day, and a little money saved by not ordering out like my lazy self wanted to do. :)

There's nothing better than an unexpected long chat with an old friend! Dinner can always wait with no kids to feed. Those individual casserole dishes come in handy. I love ours.

There's nothing better than an unexpected long chat with an old friend! Dinner can always wait with no kids to feed. Those individual casserole dishes come in handy. I love ours.

Exactly! A long-time buddy stopped by yesterday, and was here for 3 hours. Many giggles and much laughter, and DH didn't get the whole lawn mowed, but oh well.

Dinner was awesome tonight!

French dip sandwiches, cole slaw, and ice cream ... outside on the front deck loving this beautiful weather (in between some rain storms).

.. although it stuck horribly to the sheet pan, even though I sprinkled it with corn flour first. I need to work on my pizza peel technique (didn't use it this time).
Coat the pan with olive oil, about a tablespoon plus. Use your fingers when coating the pan. The pizza will easily slide off with the help of a spatula.

Thin crust pizza has turned into a regular lunch item for us. Just a bit of sauce and mozzarella, sometimes with baby spinach or something else that might be in the fridge. I make a no-knead pizza dough, which takes about 2 hours to rise. I make it mid-morning, or a day or two before. Sauce is a mix of 4 oz. tomato sauce, thickened with a tablespoon or so of tomato paste, plus a bit of fennel, basil, and oregano. It cooks with the pizza. Yesterday it was just crushed tomatoes, which was leftover from another meal. That worked well too.

Back
Top Bottom