May Day Sunday supper..5/1/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
Anyone want to put flowers in our hair and dance around the May pole?

Inspired by Liz, I'm doing ribs in the oven today. They may or may not be finished on the grill depending on the wind.
I'll make some KFC copycat cole slaw, and SC will have some canned chili beans.

What's going on at your house today?

Love the pics, Kay - thanks for the link! Wow, they really went all out for the Maypole dances - Sunday best and lots of celebration. :)

Dinner will be early, around 3 or 4. I'm going to warm up the other half of the monster pork chop from yesterday, and probably have a small green salad with it.

Thinking spicy panko breaded chicken nuggets, maybe with maple roasted carrots and coleslaw if I get a round tuit.

A lovely corned beef with 'taters and corn on the cob. I'm not doing the traditional cabbage with it because I'm not fond of cooked cabbage.

The ribs will be tomorrow.

Love the pics, Kay - thanks for the link! Wow, they really went all out for the Maypole dances - Sunday best and lots of celebration. :)

Glad you enjoyed them too Cheryl. I love looking at old vintage pictures.
Did you see her tombstone at the bottom with the Maypole flower arrangements? How touching of her beloved husband. :flowers::wub:

I had pan fried sea bass fillets with sundried tomato (artisan) baguette and roasted beetroot mixed with chopped baby plum tomatoes and parsley.

A salad topped with a sliced Buffalo style chicken finger and blue cheese dressing.

I have recently added a pot of hot black tea to my lunch and dinner. I have noticed that the tea helps me to eat less and be more satisfied with a smaller meal.

It is also a throwback to childhood memories of my mother, she always served a pot of Red Rose tea with meals.

I enjoy this Yorkshire tea.
Taylors-of-Harrogate_Tea_graduate-jobs.jpg

A salad topped with a sliced Buffalo style chicken finger and blue cheese dressing.

I have recently added a pot of hot black tea to my lunch and dinner. I have noticed that the tea helps me to eat less and be more satisfied with a smaller meal.

It is also a throwback to childhood memories of my mother, she always served a pot of Red Rose tea with meals.

That is the preferred tea around here. We brought some home from, where else, Yorkshire. We found a few places that carry it andhave been drinking it ever since..

We ate quite a bit at brunch today and didn't have much of an appetite for dinner.

SO had some leftover pizza from last night. I had some pasta salad a new kind of sausage a friend picked up for me.

1 lb. Cornish game hen. Lots of salt and pepper and orange peel zest inside. I have a small wire Teflon coated stand that's sized for game hens. Baked beans, celery sticks, roll.

My mum drank Red Rose tea at breakfast and tea time. She was English. From a town in the North called Barrow In Furnace.

Red Rose is my taste buds' morning wake-up drink. As much as I enjoy coffee, I just can't have it as my first beverage of the day.

Nice photos of the May Pole, Kayelle. It's sweet of her hubby to keep adding to the site now that his wife is gone. ~ I wan't dancing around the May Pole, but I DID dance around the kitchen. :LOL: I tossed mixed greens with Penzeys Green Goddess dressing, then topped the salads with an assortment of the proper add-ins. Dinner was pan fried apple cider brined boneless pork chops topped with a sauteed shallot/apple sauce, buttered fresh corn off the cob with Tajin, roasted potatoes with The Spice House Florida Lemon pepper, and plain broccoli. This meal deserves to be topped off with a snifter of a fine cognac like Kelt's Tour du Monde. Alas, all I have in the house is the E&J VSOP brandy I have for cooking. :ermm: However, more "stuff" went wrong today. Desperate times call for desperate measures! :LOL:

Attachments

• 2016-05-01 19.40.32.jpg
    2016-05-01 19.40.32.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 129
  • 2016-05-01 21.58.15.jpg
    2016-05-01 21.58.15.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 134
Anyone want to put flowers in our hair and dance around the May pole?

Inspired by Liz, I'm doing ribs in the oven today. They may or may not be finished on the grill depending on the wind.
I'll make some KFC copycat cole slaw, and SC will have some canned chili beans.

What's going on at your house today?

The completed oven ribs were done the way we like, with some tender tooth resistance. Although I'm a salt lover, we agree the seasoning mix of 2 Tbs. (even Kosher) salt needs to be reduced by half.

img_1465049_0_18074e4c7c380c0e4a74de797220e578.jpg

Back
Top Bottom