May the Fourth, be with you! 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had an oven skillet dinner based on my Greek Thighs dish.

This time it was boneless pork chops on top of the Greek seasoned lemon orzo with some yellow squash and zucchini chunks added to the orzo that needed using.
It was a really tasty and pretty skillet.

Last edited:
I stopped at Mom and Dad's, innocently (not) asked them what was for dinner. Dad said, "How about Deacons?" Mom and I jumped on that. Friday is Prime Rib Special day. Mom and I both had a 4 ounce prime rib, mine med rare with steamed veggies, salad bar and soup. The soup was Gumbo, the best I've tasted that I did not cook. I had so much soup and salad, along with the steamed veg, that I could only eat three little pieces of the prime. Mom brought most of hers home, too. Dad had liver and onoions, bringing half the liver home for Jethro. Dad also pigged out on salad bar.

It was all quite tasty and I have a meaty snack for later on tonight or for brunch tomorrow.

I stopped at Mom and Dad's, innocently (not) asked them what was for dinner. Dad said, "How about Deacons?" Mom and I jumped on that. Friday is Prime Rib Special day. Mom and I both had a 4 ounce prime rib, mine med rare with steamed veggies, salad bar and soup. The soup was Gumbo, the best I've tasted that I did not cook. I had so much soup and salad, along with the steamed veg, that I could only eat three little pieces of the prime. Mom brought most of hers home, too. Dad had liver and onoions, bringing half the liver home for Jethro. Dad also pigged out on salad bar.

It was all quite tasty and I have a meaty snack for later on tonight or for brunch tomorrow.

You gotta' watch that salad bar, and the complimentary breads. They'll fill you up so you can't eat the expensive stuff -- restaurants count on that.

Prime rib has gotten a reputation as "old folks" food. All I know is that it is good (when done right). I think it is due for a re-birth.

CD

You gotta' watch that salad bar, and the complimentary breads. They'll fill you up so you can't eat the expensive stuff -- restaurants count on that.

Prime rib has gotten a reputation as "old folks" food. All I know is that it is good (when done right). I think it is due for a re-birth.

CD

The daily special comes with salad bar and soup...I just bring the expensive stuff home with me to eat at my leisure.

Got myself into the kitchen and ended up making egg salad. And tuna salad. Himself had small (OK, generous) samples of each, for quality control you know. ;) Then he scarfed down the corned beef because he loves it. :LOL: I made myself an open-faced tuna melt and an egg sammie with tomato and arugula. Good thing my bread can be sliced very, very thin. Plenty left for snacking on tomorrow. Grilled bacon, cheese, and egg salad sandwich for breakfast anyone? :stuart:

Attachments

• 20180504_220251.jpg
    20180504_220251.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 144
Back
Top Bottom