Meal plans for Thursday Jan. 16,2014?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
I have 2 chicken patties in the toaster oven (one for lunch tomorrow). It's just me tonight. I'll add some cottage cheese and chips. I hope others are having some thing more interesting.:rolleyes:

I'm thinking I'll make the tacos that didn't get made last night.

Another United Way fundraiser, and probably our favorite of the rotation: meatloaf with sauce, party potatoes swimming in butter, and chocolate layer dessert. And I'm baking it in my sweet little Breville toaster oven.

Oh that sweet little Breville :chef:
By far the best TO I've ever used.
But it cost 130 bucks more, it should be :LOL:

I did the cheese ravioli with meat sauce in the Breville...the best appliance I ever bought!

My only regret is that I could've bought the next bigger one with the convection feature, but didn't think I could find the room on the counter. But I'm really happy with the little guy!

My only regret is that I could've bought the next bigger one with the convection feature, but didn't think I could find the room on the counter. But I'm really happy with the little guy!

Do you have the Mini or the Compact?

Do you have the Mini or the Compact?

Got the Mini. It turns out I could have rearranged stuff for an extra 2 inches of counter space for the compact. Did not figure that. But I love her anyway, she holds a casserole dish and did a fine job on the meatloaf! She's perfect for 2 people.

Last edited:
With all the love being showered on the Breville TOs I'm almost wishing that my loved Cuisinart one would break. Almost wishing. Want to use those Discover cash back bucks for a small deep fryer - a want I don't have. *sigh* yet...:brows:

Made a stir-fry of mushrooms, broccoli, and chicken. Served over Carolina Gold rice. Steamed half the rice that China had so I can make shrimp fried rice in a few days. Could end up eating fried rice for days. :ermm:

Attachments

• 2014-01-16 21.17.08.jpg
    2014-01-16 21.17.08.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 168
With all the love being showered on the Breville TOs I'm almost wishing that my loved Cuisinart one would break. Almost wishing. Want to use those Discover cash back bucks for a small deep fryer - a want I don't have. *sigh* yet...:brows:

Made a stir-fry of mushrooms, broccoli, and chicken. Served over Carolina Gold rice. Steamed half the rice that China had so I can make shrimp fried rice in a few days. Could end up eating fried rice for days. :ermm:

Looks great, CG! :yum:

I, for one, could easily eat fried rice for days....

TB had Italian sausages (gluten free), fried mashed potatoes and greek salad. I had a salad with lots of veggies and some lean chicken.

We had nasi goreng - or a variation upon it: sliced left-over pork stir fried with onions, sweet peppers, zucchini slices, mushroom slices, broccoli florets, peas and rice, sauteed with a variety of asian sauces and slices of omelet and fresh tomato tossed in at the end. It was very tasty.

Back
Top Bottom