Meatloaf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You could, but to me, that's an unnecessary expense and waste of foil. I try not to use disposables any more than necessary. It's easy enough to form small loaves with your hands.

Ditto. Plus, I would have to dig the cooked meatloaf out of the wasteful disposable aluminum loaf pan, possibly breaking the loaf apart. I just form it into a loaf shape by hand, it keeps it's shape fine during cooking.

I typically make meatloaf in a meatloaf pan. It doesn't stick. I can't see why using a mini loaf pan or muffin pan would lend itself to making it stick. Not unless it was left in too long.
I like my meatloaf to have the same shape I grew up with, plus it works well for sandwich sized. I've made free form before, but prefer to use the pan. I've made Ol-Blue's meatloaf inside a baked potato before, too. And that was pretty tasty.

I typically make meatloaf in a meatloaf pan. It doesn't stick. I can't see why using a mini loaf pan or muffin pan would lend itself to making it stick. Not unless it was left in too long.
I like my meatloaf to have the same shape I grew up with, plus it works well for sandwich sized. I've made free form before, but prefer to use the pan. I've made Ol-Blue's meatloaf inside a baked potato before, too. And that was pretty tasty.

The disposable foil mini-loaf pans have folds on the side, so they don't have a flat surface the meatloaf cooks against. So it can get stuck in those folds and you lose some when you take it out. I do mine most often in a regular-size loaf pan, too. I have occasionally used a muffin pan, but we like the traditional shape, too.

The mini pan:
51453.jpg

Ahh... it gets stuck in the folds.
I must have misread. I thought you were talking about regular metal pans. I only use the throwaway ones when I'm using them in the grill or smoker.

I. Too like the original shape but suggested the muffin pan for someone who was cooking for
People who didn't all like it the same way.

Tell me more about the meatloaf inside a baked potato.

Spread your meat loaf mix out on a sheet of wax paper in a rectangle about a half inch thick. Starting two inches away from long side nearest you, layer with deli ham, swiss cheese and blanched spinach to the far edge. Roll towards you and seal the long edge. Lift carefully onto rack on a cookie sheet and bake till done. Serve with a Dijon Mustard Sauce.

I love playing with meatloaf.

Back
Top Bottom