Memorial Day Dinner, Monday May 26

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Regular rainy day here in London, but we do have a friend in from New York, so I fixed us all chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and bisquits covered in gravy then a side of green lettuce and green beans.

Sticky Maple Pudding

Okay, everyone, no pushing! You can all get the recipe you want right here. I can't take any credit for this one nor have I found any way to change it to make it better than it already is....except that I serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and pour the warm sauce over all.

Enjoy!

Okay, everyone, no pushing! You can all get the recipe you want right here. I can't take any credit for this one nor have I found any way to change it to make it better than it already is....except that I serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and pour the warm sauce over all.Enjoy!
Oh Laurie, I've watced Anna make this on her show. I loved how it looked even then. Thanks for the reminder...............I must do this and soon:huh:

DH and DS marched in the town Memorial Day Parade. When we got home, I packed up some sandwiches and chips, etc. and we went to the park and played frisbee and just relaxed (DH and I got a little sun). Then we came home and watched DS ride his bike (no face plants today) and now DH is in the kitchen making hamburger pizza... It was a great day.

so many times I see folks doing this kind of thing.
I am highly allergic to beer.
Is there anything I can substitue? ...

Yes, the made the beer-can chicken on America's Test Kitchen on Saturday. They said you can use lemonade. Just remember what ever you use it will flavor the chicken and you should dump out about 1/3 cup so it won't boil over.

They also put a spice run all over the outside of the bird and under the skin.

so many times I see folks doing this kind of thing.
I am highly allergic to beer.
Is there anything I can substitue?
Like maybe ginger ale or sparking water?
I know everyone always says the beer cooks off, but the Dr. doesn't know what in the beer I'm allergic to and he's said, "next time, you're toast":huh:

I would find another Dr who can test for allergies then.
Beer is around 90% water, so whatever is setting off your allergies that might turn you into "toast" next time is so miniscule that I would want to find out if it is in other foods I may be eating.... sugar, barley, hops, yeast..... I would get that narrowed down lefs.
My father went through the testing and it keeps him out of the hospital. He can't eat french fries if they were fried in the same oil as shrimp... No shellfish of any kind and apparently they need cooked separately. Nothing to fool around with for sure.

Dinner

Attachments

• May 26.jpg
    May 26.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 162
Stir-fried pork & porteballas with fried barley and steamed carrots, cauliflower & snow peas.

Just getting back into the swing of things from our vacation. We have a guest staying with us this week so Monday I fixed chicken fried steak with gravy, mashed potatoes, biscuits, green beans, and salad. Our gest lives by himself in New York and doesn't get home cooked meals very often and this was one he had been craving.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom