Memorial Day Eats, Whatcha Havin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Corned beef(I know it's odd, but had it in the freezer and thought I should use it up and nothing else appealed. Making a macaroni salad and will grill or steam corn on the cob. Obligatory rhubarb/Marion berry crisp for dessert. ??

Corned beef(I know it's odd, but had it in the freezer and thought I should use it up and nothing else appealed. Making a macaroni salad and will grill or steam corn on the cob. Obligatory rhubarb/Marion berry crisp for dessert. ??

Join the "strange" Bunny. Both Andy and I have done corned beef within the last week. I for one have really enjoyed the leftover sandwiches.
For some reason, we all get locked into only having favorites at specific holidays. I stashed two on sale at St. Paddy's day, and glad I did.

Join the "strange" Bunny. Both Andy and I have done corned beef within the last week. I for one have really enjoyed the leftover sandwiches.
For some reason, we all get locked into only having favorites at specific holidays. I stashed two on sale at St. Paddy's day, and glad I did.

...me too! I picked up two at Costco after St. Patrick's Day and froze them. They are Mosey CB. We really like the flavor of this brand. We had sandwiches and CB Hash. Mmmmm!

I did the normal cookout (yay cookout!).

I had burgers, hot dogs and corn on the grill.... oh and pineapple. THAT was worth the price of admission.

Huge tossed salad (two heads of buttercup lettuce), marinated artichoke hearts, 2 c of mixed beans (chickpeas, navy beans, kidney beans, romano beans), two tomatoes, feta cheese, shallot, black olives, EVOO, cane vinegar, S&P. Yum, yum, yum. Fresh and tasty. Perfect for such a hot and humid evening.

Everyone's Memorial Day dinners sounds so good. :yum: I'm a little late here.

I grilled some chicken kabobs, using the recipe below. It was the featured recipe when I pulled up the site. The ingredients kind of intrigued me and I had everything, so thought I'd give it a try. I halved the recipe since it was just me for dinner, and added red bell peppers and onions to the kabobs.

Not raving good, but it was good. I'll make it again. :)

Rosemary Ranch Chicken Kabobs Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom