Memorial Day Eats, Whatcha Havin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
I've got my pork butt on the Egg. We are having pulled pork sammies, baked beans and potato salad.

No Memorial Day up here. But it is my day off. Having the kids over for dinner. They want steak, so I will do up some roasted potatoes, mushroom au gratin, chunky salad and some prosciutto and melon, cheese, olives for starts...

Grilling Armenian influenced burgers made with beef, lamb, onion, parsley, cumin, tomato, allspice. Also regular burgers for those who won't eat lamb and hot dogs. Ranch potato salad, cole slaw and stuffed mini peppers. Chocolate cake and ice cream for dessert.

For some reason we always make a big batch of chicken spaghetti for Memorial Day. It's a hubby favorite.

DH will be having grilled (maybe smoked) baby back ribs and I'll have country-style ribs. He'll have cole slaw and I'll have another type of salad TBD. We'll both have potato salad and, depending on my energy level, strawberry shortcake or strawberry/yogurt parfaits for dessert.

We are headed over to our son's house for a back yard picnic bbq. I think he is grilling burgers and chicken. We're bringing potato salad, another salad and a dessert.

While it isn't a holiday here in Canada (we had ours last weekend), TB is off for the week so it is like one!

I took out some sirloin steaks and we will have that with Greek salad and probably some more grilled zucchini.

It is hot and humid here, also not a holiday. Not sure what I'm making today, but I'm thinking it will be something that doesn't require a lot of effort (or heating up the kitchen).

Sounds like steak is favorite today. I have some ribeyes that will get grilled along with some roasted potatoes and salads. Strawberry shortcake for dessert.

Going to fire up the grill and do a 1 1/2 thick N.Y. Strip. Also baked taters, grilled zucchini. and a spinach salad with honey mustard dressing.

While I've got the charcoal going I'll smoke a turkey thigh for sammies this week. :yum:

Have a wonderful Memorial Day folks.

And please remember those who gave everything so that we can live the life we have.

Attachments

• 1005938_765245530173311_6001252632675000923_n.jpg
    1005938_765245530173311_6001252632675000923_n.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 172
We're having hamburgers, grilled corn, potato salad and baked beans. The basic American holiday cook-out, and it's a beautiful day for it!

We're grilling ribs, and having Romanian garlic soup with them and pumpernickel bread with honey butter.

With love,
~Cat

Going to fire up the grill and do a 1 1/2 thick N.Y. Strip. Also baked taters, grilled zucchini. and a spinach salad with honey mustard dressing.

While I've got the charcoal going I'll smoke a turkey thigh for sammies this week. :yum:

Have a wonderful Memorial Day folks.

And please remember those who gave everything so that we can live the life we have.

Yes! I remember them!

With love,
~Cat

I boiled some potatoes, seasoned, oiled and smashed a few for roasted smashed potatoes, the rest are for potato salad later.

The gnats are horrid, and it keeps raining sporadically, so probably won't grill. I'll have to look for some kind of meat and veg.

We did our Memorial Day cookout yesterday with friends from out of town, burgers,hot dogs, and chicken. Will throw some burgers on for us tonight and finish up the leftovers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom