Memorial Day weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rookiecook

Assistant Cook
First of all I would like to wish all our American friends a happy Memorial Day. Since I don't get Monday off I will be getting together with friends on Sunday. In the mornig watch te formulia one race over breakfast. Lunch and afternoon grilled hotdogs and brat's and watch the Indy 500. and to finish the day grilled burgers and what ever else we find while watching the Coca Cola 600. What are you having. In closing rember the reson for the day off. Rookiecook

Thank you, dear northern neighbor, for your kind words regarding our observance this weekend.

Believe me, as a mother of a sailor and marine and the daughter of a sailor, I respectfully (and appreciatively) observe Memorial Day.

I wear my American flag pin proudly.

My mom was a Rosy during WWII. She worked in the scrapyards in Seattle.

Pops was already a member of the military before WWII and his tour ended before 1941. He promised his mother that he would not return to the military. But one day he took the magic beans to town and came home with a sailor suit. "It's a different branch Ma" came the reply. "They promised me an airplane." He flew until the end of that war and went home.

Mom was in West Texas visiting her family and Pops was putting his oilfield business back together. He was picking up his mail at the post office and she was mailing a letter.

Thanks Rookiecook and will indeed remember Memorial Day. My dad died on Memorial day, and born on May 12, and very proud to say he was a Marine! When they play "taps" at the parade, that just brings me to tears. However, I am so proud to support those that have and will serve in the military. Thanks for protecting me men and ladies! ( discliamer, this is not a war statement for or against)

Thanks, Rookiecook! You're invited to join us in our remembrance of our fallen heroes because there were many brave Canadians who fought with equal valor right alongside our American troops in WWI, WWII, and Korea. They should be remembered for their service and bravery for their country on this day as much as our American veterans.

remembering the ones who've put their lives in possible harms way for our country and many others, our son being one of them, thank you for starting this and praying for our military today and all days..........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom