Memorial Monday Meal 5-29-2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
It was hardly cook-out weather by us. Yesterday Himself was reading about etouffee, then I saw in yesterday's dinner thread that Craig and medtran had etoufee, well, I just had to make...shrimp and grits? :huh: I didn't have green pepper, didn't want to fuss with a roux, and really like grits. Fat Tired Amber Ale to cool the pipes. ;)

We also had used-to-be-a-wedge salad with Caesar dressing/Parma cheese. I prefer cutting the lettuce before topping with the other ingredients. For the two of us, ease of eating is more important than presentation at times. ~~~ What was on your Monday menu?

Attachments

• 20170529_203929.jpg
    20170529_203929.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 148
  • 20170529_202349.jpg
    20170529_202349.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 131
Kayelle is out in her day camp. We have a table set up next to the BBQ where she can sit with her reader , her music, and a glass of wine while she is cooking.
Barbecued marinated veggies and a couple of inch and a half BBQ rib eyes, along with the left over German Potato salad.

Chicken Parmesan, hand made pasta, Caesar salad and garlic bread. Dessert was a chocolate layer cake with ganache between the layers and a chocolate whipped cream frosting.

Everyone over to Andy's for dessert!?! ;)

Kayelle is out in her day camp. We have a table set up next to the BBQ where she can sit with her reader , her music, and a glass of wine while she is cooking...
You guys can have your Man Caves, I like the idea of a Ladies' Lanai. :cool:

It was hardly cook-out weather by us. Yesterday Himself was reading about etouffee, then I saw in yesterday's dinner thread that Craig and medtran had etoufee, well, I just had to make...shrimp and grits? :huh: I didn't have green pepper, didn't want to fuss with a roux, and really like grits. Fat Tired Amber Ale to cool the pipes. ;)

We also had used-to-be-a-wedge salad with Caesar dressing/Parma cheese. I prefer cutting the lettuce before topping with the other ingredients. For the two of us, ease of eating is more important than presentation at times. ~~~ What was on your Monday menu?

I always use red bell instead of green ever since I had that at a restaurant in South Carolina, though I use andouille as well. Try throwing in some sharp or med sharp cheddar and some parm in the grits next time. But, in my book, all shrimp and grits are GRRREATTT! And I'd love to have shared yours.

Craig had to finish up the andouille yesterday. He got tired Saturday. So, he did that and then we vacu-bagged all 25 pounds. We kind of vege'd out yesterday and neither one of us felt like really cooking, so we had 1 of our easy go-to meals, baked chicken with swiss cheese, sauced with a combo of cream of mushroom soup and white wine, topped with Pepperidge Farm stuffing cubes drizzled with butter. All put together in a baking dish and popped in the oven for 45 minutes. Since we didn't have any noodles and didn't feel like making a vege, we served it over tri-color vege rotini.

Well, I have to admit, we didn't quite bag all 25 pounds, we kind of had an appy of the 2 short andouille sticks we had. No bread or mustard, just straight up andouille. Glad I had my wine.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom