Menu-after work party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blissful

Master Chef
I'm hosting one of those simply fun play products (high quality games puppets etc) after work party in our conference room at work, starting at 5 pm.
I need help on livening (sp?) up the menu--interesting--pretty. 10 people or less
I'm thinking it has to be kept in a cooler all day and then on the table fast after 5 pm, to last for about 2 hours.
Hummus, pita bread quarters
veggies (carrots, celery, tomatoes, peppers, +) and dill dip
meatballs in sauce (?) warmed in nesco roaster or slow cooker
cheese cake
Any suggestions to make it nice? TIA ~Bliss

Grill up some crostini the night before and let cool completely before bagging.

You'll need:

goat cheese
fresh pesto
fresh roasted red peppers

Take crostini and people can slather on goat cheese, a bit of pesto, and then a piece of red pepper - easy and REALLY good!

You can also layer the goat cheese, topped with pesto, then the red peppers on a plate - just be sure to cut up the red pepper in cubes for easy removing.

Yum, that sounds like a great idea. I'm making my grocery list.

Oh I did forget something to drink didn't I. I don't think I can get away with alcohol on the premises but it has me thinking now.
I love cheese straws and they are easy to make and take, great idea too!

Homemade pimiento cheese with a bit of green onion, cayenne, and chopped pecans make a great little spread/dip.

If you want a recipe just PM me.

I do need to get this settled so I can entice people to stay for the party, so....
It's going to be...
Menu:
Meatballs in a "sauce" warmed up in a roaster. I don't know what sauce to use this time.
Crostini with goat cheese and roasted red peppers (check garden for basil)
Cheese straws
Cheese cake with strawberries (on the side)
Double chocolate zuchinni bread (Sam is bringing that for the party)
Hummus and pita breads
Veggies and dill dip (check dill in herb garden)
Ice Tea

Shopping list:
Grocery store--
ground beef, ground pork, eggs
french bread, goat cheese,
extra sharp cheddar cheese
cream cheese, graham crackers, butter, strawberries
pita bread, sour cream, mayo,
Veggies from garden or farmer's market --dill? basil? red peppers
Pick up ice that afternoon for tea.

Maybe a brown gravy of some type for the meatballs and bring a hot sauce along if anyone wants some?
It seems like a bit much dairy products. Is there a good dip for veggies that isn't dairy? (we have some people on a weight loss challenge that might be attending)
TIA ~Bliss

I do need to get this settled so I can entice people to stay for the party, so....
It's going to be...
Menu:
Meatballs in a "sauce" warmed up in a roaster. I don't know what sauce to use this time.

A great sauce for party meatballs is a bottle of chili sauce and a jar of grape jelly. Sounds strange, but tastes great!

It seems like a bit much dairy products. Is there a good dip for veggies that isn't dairy? (we have some people on a weight loss challenge that might be attending)
TIA ~Bliss

Hummus makes a great veggie dip, too. High fiber, low fat, no dairy. You can use low-fat dairy items (except the goat cheese ;) ).

Or, make a 7-layer taco dip. Here's a recipe that's close to what I do: Seven Layer Taco Dip - Allrecipes

You can leave out the cream cheese, use low-fat sour cream and reduce the amount of cheddar cheese. With the veggies and refried beans, it's a pretty healthy dish. HTH.

When I did meatballs for my daughter's wedding reception, I found a jar of teriaki BBQ sauce that I warmed them in, and it was great.

Or even better, mix together 1 jar chili sauce (Heinz or your fave) and 1 jar of grape jelly, simmer, stirring until jelly is dissolved, and heat meatballs in that.

Thank you for ALL the help!
I sent out the invites and everyone is pretty excited about the menu lol. I have my work cut out for me!

Back
Top Bottom