Menu for Saturday 5/2/15?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoAnn L.

Master Chef
Just making something for myself tonight. I think I am just going to fry up some Spam for a sandwich. Reminds me of my childhood.

Seasoned some ribs, then browned them in a CI pan. Added BBQ sauce & beer to my pressure cooker. Glazed them and finished them off in the oven. Also picked wild asparagus and breaded mashed potato w/ cheddar & jalapeno, then baked in the oven.

img_1420392_0_1bcb233a211013908a328544fb104a8c.jpg

Eating light this afternoon here, just nibbing on some TJ's tomato basil hummus with pita bread, edamame, and sliced cucumbers.

DH rubbed some ribs with Penzey's Galena Street chicken and rib seasoning, then smoked them. Yum! We also had some baked beans. Didn't get to the planned salad. We'll double up on veggies tomorrow ;)

Spent way too much time on my feet cooking--60 lb of quail breasts and 48 eggs' worth of okonomiyaki. Tonight I dragged my sorry butt home and decided I'd just lock up the birds, drag in the cooler of leftovers, check emails and forums, and call it a day...or a week.

What's Cooking May 2, 2015?

Today was a cooking day for me.

Yesterday I braised a 2.5# chuck roast to shredding tender. I separated the roast into 3 packages. Two went to the freezer, and the other one I used to make beef stew today.

I also made Kathleen's Onion Soup, saute'd yellow squash with thin sliced onions and multi-colored peppers, deviled eggs, and tuna salad.

I had a little of this and that for meals today.

I'm a happy camper. So much food prepped, chopped, frozen or cooked. The pots and pans and dishes are all washed and back in their places.

I was really excited for you PF, that you got the house (with laundry), XOXO

Last edited:
Pork tenderloin with roasted vegetables and a sort of take on a caprese salad with goat cheese instead of mozzarella. I "cheated" and took the basil off my seedlings which can't go out in the pot until next weekend. I'm lucky to live in the cheesiest place in the country ... Mont Chevre IS a local cheese, I visit the factory several times a year and buy it right there; you name it. Goat brie. Goat blue. Goat feta. This was a traditional herbed roll, sliced (sort of)and all of it drizzled with my nicer EVOO. Everything was delicious, if I do say so myself.

The Costco free sample lady got me with a little muffin paper. There was a slice of cooked bratwurst in that paper cup. It was delicious cooked in an electric frying pan so I figured it'd be great on the grill. I bought a package and grilled some of the brats last night and that was dinner along with a salad. Really good brats.

I made a fairly involved gnocci dish (my own concoction). Sort of venison + pancetta gnocci.

Baked off venison sausages with chopped red pepper. Fried off some onion, placed in pan with tomato puree + chopped green beans to cook off in a bit of water. In another frying pan, fried off pancetta cubes with fresh gnocci (unboiled) which all got combined in one pot.
Not bad but sausages a disappointment in flavour.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom