Menu for Sunday 11/16/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If he hasn't by now I doubt he ever will. But that is not even a point. You know some time you just it and say thank you for the effort that was made on your account. He kept criticizing everything. And that saying that he's not familiar with it, but was mean about. Last time I'm making an effort to make something nice for him.

Not liking something is one thing, being mean and critical about it is another. :( I can certainly understand you not wanting to make the effort again.

If he hasn't by now I doubt he ever will. But that is not even a point. You know some time you just it and say thank you for the effort that was made on your account. He kept criticizing everything. And that saying that he's not familiar with it, but was mean about. Last time I'm making an effort to make something nice for him.

When I was 18 and a new young wife (and very pregnant) I told my husband I was going to attempt to make lasagna for the first time because he loved the dish so much. I went to bring him lunch at work and told him my plan. He looks at me and says, "Baby you know I only eat my mom's lasagna." Filled with hormones, I started crying and ran out of the office and called my grandma. She told me to not let that stop me from trying to learn something new in cooking. I refused to make it that day, but eventually caved in and made lasagna.

HERE is the kicker...we ended up divorcing after a decade and he actually paid me to cook him lasagna once a month for almost a year after the split. And funny thing is, that I took a big big pan of lasagna over to his house when picking up the kids the other day just to be nice.

So don't give up. I would invite them over for dinner and make Asian again but different dishes.

:)

This is my father we are talking about, not some guy I may or may not divorce in the future. He could have either say he is not hungry and not eat or simply not say anything. Especially because it was his grand daughter that ask for Chinese food.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Back
Top Bottom