Menu for Thursday Sep 15, 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know if it's a regional thing or not, but around here sub shops offer something called a "steak bomb". It's basically a pepper steak with onions. When the meat is almost ready to go into the roll, it's topped with a layer of Genoa salami and a layer of cheese while on the griddle. Then it's picked up on a long spat and inverted into a roll. Residual heat melts the cheese and releases the flavors of the salami.

I has some salami hanging around and thought it would be a good idea to try it on a burger. It was.

Andy M. said:
Tonight's Dinner.

That's a 10 ounce beef burger with cheddar cheese and several slices of Genoa salami under the cheese. Dressed with mayo, tomato and shallots. A Samuel Adams Octoberfest was helpful in washing it down.

Oh my! As delicious as the burger looks, it seems like something out of an Anne Rice novel! The fangs and the tongue! The two lights in the back look like eyes.

Last edited:
Andy M. said:
Nothing wrong with your imagination!

Wasn't there a movie with little things with teeth who buzzed around and ate people? Not gremlins, but something like that? OK, senillity now.

Eat your burger before it eats YOU!

Last edited:
Tonight's Dinner.

That's a 10 ounce beef burger with cheddar cheese and several slices of Genoa salami under the cheese. Dressed with mayo, tomato and shallots. A Samuel Adams Octoberfest was helpful in washing it down.

That burger looks great!

Tonight's Dinner for me was French Onion soup with baguette and Gruyere crouton. Accompanied by a chicken caeser salad. mmm mmm mmm. I could have just eaten the soup.

Dinner tonight was chicken wings and a veggie full tossed salad. Whoops wrong day lolo

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom