Menu for today, Wed. 12/22/10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
Wow, I guess I get to start this today. It's pouring down rain again today, but hubby and I are going to brave the streets and go to the movies. We are going to see "True Gritt". Hope I don't miss John Wayne too much.
Dinner will be cooked by my husband for my birthday dinner.......have no idea what he has planned, but I'll report later. :)
What's cooking at your house today?

I gonna try a new soup recipe, gonna read my cookbook and show you something new !

I'm trying to decide between pork chops in mushroom herb sauce, boiled 'taters, salad, and rødkål or a pork roulade, roast 'taters, salad, and rødkål.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for a stuffing for a pork roulade? I want to try something new. I have done it stuffed with dried apricots and prunes.

Wow, I guess I get to start this today. It's pouring down rain again today, but hubby and I are going to brave the streets and go to the movies. We are going to see "True Gritt". Hope I don't miss John Wayne too much.
Dinner will be cooked by my husband for my birthday dinner.......have no idea what he has planned, but I'll report later. :)
What's cooking at your house today?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Enjoy your day.

I'm trying to decide between pork chops in mushroom herb sauce, boiled 'taters, salad, and rødkål or a pork roulade, roast 'taters, salad, and rødkål.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for a stuffing for a pork roulade? I want to try something new. I have done it stuffed with dried apricots and prunes.

Roasted Pork Loin (chopped mushrooms & onions sautéed in EVOO till soft, frozen chopped spinach thawed & squeezed dry added to pan, seasoned with sea salt, ground peppercorns & thyme. Butterflied pork loin spread with the spinach mixture, rolled & tied seared in pan then roasted) served with rosemary roasted Red & Yukon potatoes & onions, buttered steamed Brussels sprouts & pork gravy.

img_950231_0_53d9ad09038ba0c45e0da2a9b3f0f10d.jpg

img_950231_1_78d9a82de21bb904fe5705e6e46e1195.jpg

You can also add shredded cheese and herbs of your choice to the stuffing.

How about stuff it with ... Oh dear I can't spell it like you do, so please forgive me in advance dear TaxLady.

What I was thinking is that the cabbage mixture, perhaps with a few apricots and prunes would make a wonderful stuffing. You could also decorate the outside with bacon.

Then it would be ... well, you know.:angel:

A very tasty dish you could call ... um ... er ....

Last edited:
Haven't a clue. Going to the grocery store for baking supplies and Christmas goodies so maybe I'll get a spark of inspiration.

How about stuff it with ... Oh dear I can't spell it like you do, so please forgive me in advance dear TaxLady.

What I was thinking is that the cabbage mixture, perhaps with a few apricots and prunes would make a wonderful stuffing. You could also decorate the outside with bacon.

Then it would be ... well, you know.:angel:

A very tasty dish you could call ... um ... er ....

That does sound good, but we had it with prunes and apricots Saturday, so I want something really different. I will try with the rødkål at some point. BTW, just copy and paste to spell it the same ;) Or, if you wrote "roadkill", I would know what you meant. :LOL:

The cold is definitely getting better, but appetite hasn't really come back.

A review of the freezer gave me a container of baby limas that came out especially good as well as a container of split peas that also was exceptional. Both used the smoked turkey neck bones. Not much meat, but a great flavor, kind of like char sui - same red color too.

I took them both out to thaw because I think the next step up from soups will be beans, plus I still have chicken breast to make a sandwich or two.

I still have lots of leftovers to use up, so my grocery list for tomorrow is geared to two more fudges, butterscotch/pecan and Reese's peanut butter, both sandwiched between layers of chocolate. Guess I'd better add another casserole dish to my list!

That does sound good, but we had it with prunes and apricots Saturday, so I want something really different. I will try with the rødkål at some point. BTW, just copy and paste to spell it the same ;) Or, if you wrote "roadkill", I would know what you meant. :LOL:

Then I would use a cornbread stuffing mix. It tastes really good with pork and being rolled inside, I think the flavors would really compliment.

You can always add to the stuffing too. I like the dried scallions as a subtle change, also a little browned/drained chorizo. I get chorizo in a 8 oz. tube and cut it into quarters before freezing. One quarter is a lot of flavor.

I am making chili tonight. James will have crackers with his, and I will have buttered cheapy white bread. :cool:

:)Barbara

Soak some dried cherries or cranberries in booze, mix in some chopped walnuts and feta or goat cheese.

Ooh - I want to eat at your house!

Roasted Pork Loin (chopped mushrooms & onions sautéed in EVOO till soft, frozen chopped spinach thawed & squeezed dry added to pan, seasoned with sea salt, ground peppercorns & thyme. Butterflied pork loin spread with the spinach mixture, rolled & tied seared in pan then roasted) served with rosemary roasted Red & Yukon potatoes & onions, buttered steamed Brussels sprouts & pork gravy.

img_950322_0_53d9ad09038ba0c45e0da2a9b3f0f10d.jpg

img_950322_1_78d9a82de21bb904fe5705e6e46e1195.jpg

You can also add shredded cheese and herbs of your choice to the stuffing.

Ooh - I want to eat at your house!
Thank you merstar!! It was yummy! But next time I will probably add some cheese maybe a garlic and herb cheese spread like Allouette.

My pea soup is simmering and making the house smell wonderful!!

I'm still undecided. I had a late lunch and am whooped from putzing around outside all morning. Who wants to cook for me? lol
I might just grill some wings. I think I've got some in the freezer...

Back
Top Bottom