Menu Ideas for Wednesday August 29th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it was a great day thanks cobber.film was just amazing...stallone,willis,van dam,schwarzenneger,norris & lundgren...all hamming it up...closing line was stallone looks at an old plane & says "that should be in a museum" arnies' reply was "we all should" sums it up really...crazy action,lots of shootin',great one liners & no one taking any of it too seriously...!
food was knockout too....i got the food bill,julie got the movie tickets & ben did what any normal teenager would.....he let us:LOL:!!

I have seen the shorts for that film, it looks action packed ;)

Sounds like a fab day!

I have seen the shorts for that film, it looks action packed ;)

Sounds like a fab day!
total rollercoaster ride k,action starts after 2 minutes & doesn't stop...which is just as well 'cos the plot is rubbish & the acting even worse.....but you don't go to see a film like that for either imo.stallone ét ál have become parodies of themselves & they know...most of the jokes are directed at themselves & the yanks ARE masters of the snappy one liner imo...very funny!just about the only lines that arnie speaks are either"i'll be back" or "i'm back":LOL:!!.....brilliant film mate...go and see it!!

Oh I'm glad to be reading this kind of review....cuz I just watched a TV movie called Riverworld last night, and although it was hokey, there was some bad acting in it (and some good!)....I found myself enjoying it. There were Spanish Conquistadors from another century, a beautiful woman Samurai Warrior, some purple people in robes who seemed to have advanced powers (they could disappear, re-appear and flash a beam of light in someone's face to stun them temporarily....). My hubby dislikes violence of any kind on tv or movies, so he came in to ask why I was watching such rubbish....and then left before I could answer, so I pondered it, thinking: "yes, I usually don't enjoy rubbish movies....but"....and I turned it off, for a few minutes, but was then propelled back to finish watching the entire thing.

It was Part 1, and now I will be looking for Part 2.

I thought I was regressing to an infantile state or something....until I read your posts here. So thanks! Maybe I'm ok after all......

Perfection, msmofet. Looks wonderful! :yum:

Looks like you know how to cook London Broil, MsM ;)......just beautiful, as always and thanks for sharing.

I was inspired by the bump back of the Orzo thread tonight. Here's what I did..
1 cup of orzo cooked with two cups of water, along with a packet of Good Seasons Italian dressing mix, 2 tbs. olive oil, and 2 tbs. white wine vinegar.
It was simmered on the lowest setting of the burner for 15 min. and turned onto a sheet pan to chill in the fridge. The flavor of the orzo was wonderful! When it was chilled I turned it into a bowl and added fresh chopped parsley, basil, and chives along with some marinated artichoke hearts. On each plate I mounded the glorified orzo, topped with chilled cooked shrimp, some grated Italian cheeses and surrounded it with home grown tomato wedges. Then the whole thing was topped with a simple vinaigrette of white balsamic and extra virgin olive oil.
A real winner, if I do say so myself. :D

attachment.php

Looks fabulous :chef:

hubba hubba:chef:!
Thank you all for the kind comments.

Everyones meals sound wonderful. Sounds like everyone had great meals last night.

I thought I was regressing to an infantile state or something....until I read your posts here. So thanks! Maybe I'm ok after all......
wouldn't put too much faith in that theory soma....i still don't know what i want to do when i grow up & i am mad as a hatter too:wacko:!!
i like a "good" movie as much as anyone but,you know what soma? sometimes i also like to just watch the coloured lights & be entertained without having to think too much!!bit like food really...can't be fine dining everyday...sometimes only a big mac will do;)!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom