"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 08-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #21
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattY1 View Post
Looks like a wonderful place. I got a kick out of them listing Cajun Chicken under "Mexican Food".
it was wonderful patty,fabulous food....a lot of it "custom" cooked to order,seafood,steaks,curries & pizza etc etc,the most amazing deserts,immaculate service,stunning decor & right in the heart of a major city,eat as much as you like & the bill for 3 with drinks was 31(less than $50).......for that kind of money they can list cajun chicken under "traditional english" for all i care!! place was packed right up to closing time so,hopefully,they'll make it through these difficult times & stay open...hope so,they deserve to!

Old 08-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #22
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Love Chinese food, I have been craving it lately
oh yeah....?!

Old 08-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #23
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Sounds like a great time out Harry

Movie sounds great as does the meal
it was a great day thanks cobber.film was just amazing...stallone,willis,van dam,schwarzenneger,norris & lundgren...all hamming it up...closing line was stallone looks at an old plane & says "that should be in a museum" arnies' reply was "we all should" sums it up really...crazy action,lots of shootin',great one liners & no one taking any of it too seriously...!
food was knockout too....i got the food bill,julie got the movie tickets & ben did what any normal teenager would.....he let us!!
Old 08-29-2012, 07:03 PM   #24
Executive Chef

Harry, They would have to roll me home in a barrel if I ate in a restaurant that served all the things listed on their menu. I think in the US, there are buffets like this too, like in Las Vegas, or places I never seem to be.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:04 PM   #25
Executive Chef

I am not sure of the difference between a Tortilla and a Frittata, except one is Spanish and one is Italian. I made what I am calling a Taco Frittata for dinner. Slice and fry one potato with some onion in an 8 inch CI skillet. Add leftover meatloaf, chopped,( you could add a little diced cooked chicken or anything else on hand), some fresh jalapeno pepper, chopped and a scoop of taco seasoning + extra cumin. Stir. Remove to a plate. Put two eggs whisked with a little milk in the pan. When it starts to set, tilt and swirl pan, add the potato mix and press down. Put in the oven until the eggs look firm, about 10 minutes is all. ITS TOO Hot For turning on the oven, so I just cooked the eggs a little more before putting the 1st ingredients back in. Tip out on a plate and sprinkle with a little shredded sharp cheese. Serve with a dollop of sour cream snipped chives and salsa. This could easily serve two and is pretty good for a one dish meal.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:44 PM   #26
Master Chef

London broil cooked on the cast iron stove top grill pan, buttered jasmine rice and salad

Old 08-29-2012, 08:55 PM   #27
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet
London broil cooked on the cast iron stove top grill pan, buttered jasmine rice and salad
Lovely, MsM!

We had takeout Caesar salads and garlic bread.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:01 PM   #28
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Lovely, MsM!

We had takeout Caesar salads and garlic bread.
Thank you DL
Old 08-29-2012, 10:10 PM   #29
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post

Perfection, msmofet. Looks wonderful!
Old 08-29-2012, 10:13 PM   #30
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cobean View Post
just got back from manchester.my son & his mum drove over,picked me up & took me into manchester to see a film & have a late lunch(great having your arm in a sling!!).saw expendables 2....entertainment pure & simple....brill film & we ate here...red hot buffet...chinese,thai,tex mex,indian & italian all under one roof,superb food,city centre,8.95 per head...sorted!!
Red Hot World Buffet
I must have missed something while I was on vacation, Harry. Do you have a broken arm?

Tags
menu