Menu Ideas for Wednesday August 29th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like a wonderful place. I got a kick out of them listing Cajun Chicken under "Mexican Food".
it was wonderful patty,fabulous food....a lot of it "custom" cooked to order,seafood,steaks,curries & pizza etc etc,the most amazing deserts,immaculate service,stunning decor & right in the heart of a major city,eat as much as you like & the bill for 3 with drinks was £31(less than $50).......for that kind of money they can list cajun chicken under "traditional english" for all i care:LOL:!! place was packed right up to closing time so,hopefully,they'll make it through these difficult times & stay open...hope so,they deserve to:)!

Sounds like a great time out Harry :)

Movie sounds great as does the meal
it was a great day thanks cobber.film was just amazing...stallone,willis,van dam,schwarzenneger,norris & lundgren...all hamming it up...closing line was stallone looks at an old plane & says "that should be in a museum" arnies' reply was "we all should" sums it up really...crazy action,lots of shootin',great one liners & no one taking any of it too seriously...!
food was knockout too....i got the food bill,julie got the movie tickets & ben did what any normal teenager would.....he let us:LOL:!!

Harry, They would have to roll me home in a barrel if I ate in a restaurant that served all the things listed on their menu. I think in the US, there are buffets like this too, like in Las Vegas, or places I never seem to be.:rolleyes:

I am not sure of the difference between a Tortilla and a Frittata, except one is Spanish and one is Italian. I made what I am calling a Taco Frittata for dinner. Slice and fry one potato with some onion in an 8 inch CI skillet. Add leftover meatloaf, chopped,( you could add a little diced cooked chicken or anything else on hand), some fresh jalapeno pepper, chopped and a scoop of taco seasoning + extra cumin. Stir. Remove to a plate. Put two eggs whisked with a little milk in the pan. When it starts to set, tilt and swirl pan, add the potato mix and press down. Put in the oven until the eggs look firm, about 10 minutes is all. IT”S TOO Hot For turning on the oven, so I just cooked the eggs a little more before putting the 1st ingredients back in. Tip out on a plate and sprinkle with a little shredded sharp cheese. Serve with a dollop of sour cream snipped chives and salsa. This could easily serve two and is pretty good for a one dish meal.

London broil cooked on the cast iron stove top grill pan, buttered jasmine rice and salad

img_1181947_0_2e1dd2bbe4e091061d8b19c6b54e6960.jpg

msmofet said:
London broil cooked on the cast iron stove top grill pan, buttered jasmine rice and salad

Lovely, MsM!

We had takeout Caesar salads and garlic bread.

just got back from manchester.my son & his mum drove over,picked me up & took me into manchester to see a film & have a late lunch(great having your arm in a sling!!).saw expendables 2....entertainment pure & simple....brill film & we ate here...red hot buffet...chinese,thai,tex mex,indian & italian all under one roof,superb food,city centre,£8.95 per head...sorted!!
Red Hot World Buffet

I must have missed something while I was on vacation, Harry. Do you have a broken arm? :ohmy: :(

Looks like you know how to cook London Broil, MsM ;)......just beautiful, as always and thanks for sharing.

I was inspired by the bump back of the Orzo thread tonight. Here's what I did..
1 cup of orzo cooked with two cups of water, along with a packet of Good Seasons Italian dressing mix, 2 tbs. olive oil, and 2 tbs. white wine vinegar.
It was simmered on the lowest setting of the burner for 15 min. and turned onto a sheet pan to chill in the fridge. The flavor of the orzo was wonderful! When it was chilled I turned it into a bowl and added fresh chopped parsley, basil, and chives along with some marinated artichoke hearts. On each plate I mounded the glorified orzo, topped with chilled cooked shrimp, some grated Italian cheeses and surrounded it with home grown tomato wedges. Then the whole thing was topped with a simple vinaigrette of white balsamic and extra virgin olive oil.
A real winner, if I do say so myself. :D

attachment.php

Last edited:
Kayelle said:
Looks like you know how to cook London Broil, MsM ;)......just beautiful, as always and thanks for sharing.

I was inspired by the bump back of the Orzo thread tonight. Here's what I did..
1 cup of orzo cooked with two cups of water, along with a packet of Good Seasons Italian dressing mix, 2 tbs. olive oil, and 2 tbs. white wine vinegar.
It was simmered on the lowest setting of the burner for 15 min. and turned onto a sheet pan to chill in the fridge. When it was chilled I turned it into a bowl and added fresh chopped parsley, basil, and chives along with some marinated artichoke hearts. On each plate I mounded the glorified orzo, topped with chilled cooked shrimp, some grated Italian cheeses and surrounded it with home grown tomato wedges. Then the whole thing was topped with a simple vinaigrette of white balsamic and extra virgin olive oil.
A real winner, if I do say so myself. :D

Looks great, Kayelle! :yum:

Cheryl, leftover Chinese is wonderful stuff!

Yep, it sure is, dawg! I LOVE sesame chicken. :yum: Daughter and I had to be sneaky and get takeout, take it home and eat it while little man was down for his nap - we think he is allergic to shellfish and don't trust the possible cross contamination. My daughter hasn't had Chinese in over 6 months now because of that and she was in heaven. LOL :LOL:

Harry, They would have to roll me home in a barrel if I ate in a restaurant that served all the things listed on their menu. I think in the US, there are buffets like this too, like in Las Vegas, or places I never seem to be.:rolleyes:
i know what you mean whisk!there are people who just keep loading their plates time & time again because they can, but most people,myself included,don't eat anymore than they usually would....not an easy one mate,especially the desserts!'cos it's primarily asian cuisine & a lot of indians,pakistani's & chinese etc eat there,the puds are amazing...lots of alphonse mango,coconut & kulfi ice cream dishes...lordy lordy:yum::pig:!!

I must have missed something while I was on vacation, Harry. Do you have a broken arm? :ohmy: :(
not broken c...i had an operation on my left shoulder a week or so ago,to sort out all the damage i did repeatedly dislocating it when i was playing rugby & doing trampoline work.just starting post op physio & it should be working & back to cooking in about 8 weeks...that'll teach me eh:wacko::LOL::ROFLMAO:!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom