Menu - Thu., March 22, 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pulled out a half a chicken from the freezer....News at 6:00.:chef:
Oven BBQ with a Bobby Flay recipe for rub and sauce. Roasted spudzZ and some schlawwwwww! And a Bud.

Attachments

• DSC00430.jpg
    DSC00430.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 216
INGREDIENTS:

1 cup (220 gr.) orzo

4 tablespoons olive oil

4 cups vegetable broth

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped (no hard stems included)

1/2 feta cheese (or any other white hard cheese)

Take a pan with high lids and heavy bottom. Warm the olive oil then add the orzo and fry it for several minutes. Stir continuously. When orzo starts smelling good, and it is turning red add the vegetable broth and half of the chopped dill leafs inside, the salt and simmer it on a medium heat for 15 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed by the pasta.

Take the pan from the heat. Stir it well and leave it aside for 15 minutes if u want to serve the salad warm. And leave it longer if you are going to serve it cold.

Just before serving pour it in a bowl add the feta cheese inside the rest of the dill, stir well and bon appetit.

Wow! How do you cook your potatoes? Those look so crispy!

I cut them up in bite sized pieces, microwave in glass bowl covered with plastic wrap for 4 minutes on high. Then I, salt and pepper them, roast in a 425 oven with a generous amount of olive oil. Take them out every 15 minutes and flip or stir to make sure they don't stick. When they are the disired crispiness and nice and brown, I drain them on paper towel for a couple of minutes. Quite easy.

I cut them up in bite sized pieces, microwave in glass bowl covered with plastic wrap for 4 minutes on high. Then I, salt and pepper them, roast in a 425 oven with a generous amount of olive oil. Take them out every 15 minutes and flip or stir to make sure they don't stick. When they are the disired crispiness and nice and brown, I drain them on paper towel for a couple of minutes. Quite easy.
A friend from Greece used to do that--but in the oven with about 1 c water and olive oil. They were soooooo good. I'll have to try your method! Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom