"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 03-30-2005, 04:43 PM   #11
Assistant Cook

thanks for the feed back,, iam really excited about tomorrows tasting menu it should be a good experiance its a bit different to what we do normally so it should be good fun ,,,,,,,,,,,,,50 pound a head is this to expensive,,i actually worked at Gordon Ramseys for a day and that was a good experiance to........ many thanks COOKINGONGAS

Old 03-30-2005, 04:53 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Fifty pounds for how many courses? And where are you based? If London, and the food is by a Michelin star chef, then no, I don't think that is too expensive.

When my husband and I go to our favourite restaurant in town (Edinburgh) we usually have 3 courses and one bottle of wine with perhaps a brandy or Calvados after dinner - it always costs us quite a bit more than 50 pounds per head

Enjoy your day.

Old 03-30-2005, 04:56 PM   #13
Assistant Cook

we are based in the lake district in a little town called ulverston
Old 03-30-2005, 05:00 PM   #14
Executive Chef

I remember eating in a Chinese restaurant in Ulverston a couple of years back. I'm suspecting it won't be the venue?!
Old 03-30-2005, 05:05 PM   #15
Assistant Cook

no its not.its a fairly new restraurant(it was called THE INN PLACE but now its called Rustique) we have jus been open a year. It going really welltouch wood
Old 03-30-2005, 05:16 PM   #16
Executive Chef

A friend of ours has a boat that he keeps at the Lakes. Don't get down there very often, but if we do make it down this summer, I may pay you a visit!
Old 03-30-2005, 05:23 PM   #17
Assistant Cook

yeah that would be cool ..yous are very welcome.was the chinese you ate in called the jade fountain?it is 6 coarses by the way( i forget to say that 1).. they is a plate of rabbit for main coarse which looks brill we were preparing the rabbit today..that is with a lettuce raviollie(my spelling is awfull)..
Old 03-30-2005, 11:39 PM   #18
Master Chef

The *stars* are based on atmosphere, service and the quality of the food - not necessarily in that order. The Chef, while a drawing card, doesn't get the rating - it's the "Establishment", the team effort. You could put Michel Roux in a restaurant with a McDonalds staff and he's probably not going to get any *stars*!

It's all about a "dining experience" ...

But, you have a chance to cook with someone that worked in a star restaurant .... I'm jealous. They may not be the best - but they were trained by someone who knows a few things.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:56 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

who decides what is michelin rated, and how often do they do their adjudication?

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 02:30 AM   #20
Executive Chef

'Inspectors' visit the establishments under consideration or return visits for those restaurants which already have one or more stars.

They are supposed to be incognito, but I have heard that restaurants are often 'tipped off' about who might be an inspector!

CoG: Yes, I seem to recall the Chinese restaurant was called Jade something. It was OK, but nothing to write home about!

50 quid for six courses is CHEAP, even for a country area! Good luck with the day.