Midnight Munchies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got married in 1977 and am still married to the same wife. As for beets, I love them any way you cook them. as for the theme topic, I couldn't pin it down. Usually I go for something protein rich and slightly salty, such as any fo the following: Pepperoni, Salami, bolgna, most any kind of good cheese, liverwurst, a cold hot dog, slice of ham, peanut butter on whole grain toast, peanut butter on whole grain toast with fruit jam, glass of ice cold milk, a spoonful of leftover whatever, a handfull of frozen peas, a swig of Lee & Perrin's Worcestershire Sauce, left over cold fish, leftover pizza.

Occasionally (I'm talking maybe 3 or 4 times a year), a bowl of cereal, a piece of fruit, ice cream, fruit pie, a slice of carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, pudding (butterscotch is my favorite).

But if there's lunch meat, or any of the epecially if there's any of the salami family, i.e. hard salami, cotto salami, soprasetta, pepperoni, etc., that's my first choice. 2nd to that is a good, strong firm cheese, such as cheddar of Swiss.

Oh, and chili is good any time of the day or night.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

You got the theme just fine. Just munchies after dinner. Midnight munchies just sounds better ;)

Not sure how when you got married relates though? :LOL:

My husband was born in 1977 and I was just a thought. I've only been married for 4 years "I think"

You got the theme just fine. Just munchies after dinner. Midnight munchies just sounds better ;)

Not sure how when you got married relates though? :LOL:

My husband was born in 1977 and I was just a thought. I've only been married for 4 years "I think"

The marriage remark was in response to those who posted about multiple marriages. I just wanted to show that it is possible, and one can be happy with a life-long partner. Sadly, some people outlive their spouses, and have to go it alone for a while, or if lucky, they find another great partner. But you are right, this topic is about late night snacking.

Family is just so important to me, as is the institution of marriage. It strikes a nerve that so many in today's world ignore the power, and joy that is a good marriage, and a good family. Sorry about the mini-rant.

So let's get back to the topic. Sometimes, a mug of hot cocoa with buttered toast is the perfect midnight snack.:yum:

The marriage remark was in response to those who posted about multiple marriages. I just wanted to show that it is possible, and one can be happy with a life-long partner. Sadly, some people outlive their spouses, and have to go it alone for a while, or if lucky, they find another great partner. But you are right, this topic is about late night snacking.

Family is just so important to me, as is the institution of marriage. It strikes a nerve that so many in today's world ignore the power, and joy that is a good marriage, and a good family. Sorry about the mini-rant.

So let's get back to the topic. Sometimes, a mug of hot cocoa with buttered toast is the perfect midnight snack.:yum:

I think it's great that you have been married for so long Chief and that you speak so lovingly about your wife :)

It's rare to find men with good values nowadays. You have a lovely family!

I love having a cup of milky rooibos tea in winter with toast and marmite :yum:

Had a hankering for something sweet/salty/crunchy last night. I nuked some semisweet chocolate chips, crunchy peanut butter, a couple tsps of coconut oil, added a bit of instant coffee powder and threw in some sliced almonds, lime peanuts, and sunflower seeds, then stirred in some multigrain Cheerios. Dropped spoonfuls onto parchment paper and refrigerated. They hit the spot! Sort of like the Chinese noodle nests.

Wow, what a mix DL, sounds interesting ;)

3 kitchen devices were used for this snack.

Slices of bread toasted to an almost crispy burnt color, in the toaster, put into a toaster oven set on broil, with real american cheese slices on top and broiled until the cheese swells and almost pops, then topped with sliced tomatoes, and broiled some more, then topped with bacon from the microwave. Eat like a pizza.

Last edited:
3 kitchen devices were used for this snack.

Slices of bread toasted to an almost crispy burnt color, in the toaster, put into a toaster oven set on broil, with real american cheese slices on top and broiled until the cheese swells and almost pops, then topped with sliced tomatoes, and broiled some more, then topped with bacon from the microwave. Eat like a pizza.

I would have to be beside myself drunk to go to that much trouble for midnight munchies :LOL:

I've been known to bake and make preserves when I've had one too many. Imagine waking up and discovering that a drunken fairy made you pickles, jams and cakes when you wake up with a hangover! :wacko:

I would have to be beside myself drunk to go to that much trouble for midnight munchies :LOL:

I've been known to bake and make preserves when I've had one too many. Imagine waking up and discovering that a drunken fairy made you pickles, jams and cakes when you wake up with a hangover! :wacko:

OK, this is what I have quick time. Pretzels, extra sharp cheddar cheese, red concord grapes, salami slices, sometimes a green onion.

Last edited:
OK, this is what I have quick time. Pretzels, extra sharp cheddar cheese, red concord grapes, salami slices, sometimes a green onion.

There was nothing wrong with your first post, was just joking with you!

Just sounds like a mission, something I would do when I'm fully awake :LOL:
Tend to go for the already cooked or easy to make items late at night myself!

It sounds good!

P.S Midnight Munchies to me is not ripping open a packet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom