Mittwoch dinner, 2-21-18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
I made grilled chicken breasts brushed with Sambal Oelek, and black beans and rice for an early dinner today.

Then I wanted to try a new sausage that I tasted as a sample in BJs on my last trip there. It's Saddle River Farms Buffalo Chicken sausage. I fried it with some green hell pepper and sweet onions to bring to work tonight. Gotta stop off and pick,up a baguette on the way in.

What's on your mid-week table tonight?

Store bought dumplings, baby bok choy with sichuan pepper shrimp..those peppercorns are lethal..we both feel like we just returned from a trip to the dentist..

Attachments

• 28235972_10155175002607401_1429328424_n (2).jpg
    28235972_10155175002607401_1429328424_n (2).jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 103
Well, they are keeping me one more night. Grrrr. They must need more money. Right.

I am allowed whole food. I had breaded-baked chicken breast on pasta, steamed veggies, and a brownie. Iced tea. Actually, not terrible. Being very hungry helps flavors.

CD

Well, they are keeping me one more night. Grrrr. They must need more money. Right.

I am allowed whole food. I had breaded-baked chicken breast on pasta, steamed veggies, and a brownie. Iced tea. Actually, not terrible. Being very hungry helps flavors.

CD
Hunger is the best sauce..what are you going to eat when you get out?? A big burger?? Steak? Pasta??

I fried it with some green hell pepper and sweet onions to bring to work tonight.

That happened to me once too! There I was having a reliable safe meal and then someone added a green hell pepper and burned my mouth and throat to heck! I barely recovered.

I had tiny green peas in a vin/oil S&P and a PB and bacon on toast. Yum.

Hunger is the best sauce..what are you going to eat when you get out?? A big burger?? Steak? Pasta??

It's only been a few days, not fifteen to twenty in prison. :LOL:

I have no idea what I'll eat. Some pasta does sound good.

CD

Last edited:
I bought some fresh ground chuck at the local butcher shop. I let it sit for half an hour and then grated some pepper into it and some salt, then I used my patty press and made 3 nice size burgers. When they were almost done in the cast iron, I put cheese and buns on them and put a lid over it to steam the buns.

Served with fresh cut fries.

Ate out at a favorite restaurant tonight and had their "Green Eggs and Lamb" special. Basically, it's a grilled half rack of lamb loin chops with 2 eggs sunny side up. The whole thing is topped with spicy jalapeno and garlic salsa. It's a nice protein kick, and I can still taste the garlic two hours later. :pig:

I also refer to it as my "divorce dinner" because I lived for two weeks at the hotel next door this restaurant right after my ex and I split. I think I had it at least three times in those two weeks.

Last edited:
We had record shattering warm weather today. Broke the old record of 55F by 20 degrees, so it's another grill meal. Grilled cheeseburgers and oven fries.

We're supposed to get some snow tomorrow afternoon.

Did another "everyone into the pool oven meal" tonight. Not a sheet pan dinner, though, since each item had its own pan. Pork tenderloin with granulated garlic and Herbes de Provence, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, crashed potatoes. It was all good. :yum:

Attachments

• 20180221_215646.jpg
    20180221_215646.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 97
Finished one pan of lasagna for dinner tonight, the other is bound for the freezer.

We did a simple chicken breast with mushroom gravy dish.. Sides of rice, mixed cauliflower/broccoli and a green salad.. Warmed some dinner rolls and we were good to go..

Ross

9100e8248f1d357c06013d653d5fd5d4--retro-vintage-vintage-pins.jpg
Grilled thighs last night. I always start them in a pan of marinade for about 15 min. and then grill them. I bring the pan of marinade to a boil, and then return them to the pan to finish.:yum:

P2210062_1.jpg

Last edited:
Last night was the last of the homemade meatballs and gravy over mini wagon wheel pasta.

I heated up leftover mac 'n cheese I brought from home (we're at my FIL's house) and made pan-seared pork chops and braised green beans, both with Italian seasoning.

Back
Top Bottom