"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2018, 06:00 AM   #1
Head Chef

Mom's Day Dinner - 5/13/2018

Heading over to daughter and SIL's house for Mom's Day dinner. I'll be taking some marinated steak tips for the grill and black bean and corn salad (Cheryl J's recipe). Daughter will be supplying the green salad. Mrs. T will be kicking back, playing with the grandkids and enjoying wine.

tenspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 06:48 AM   #2
Master Chef

A two parter here at the ranch..I invited gf's family for brunch of classic offerings. Eggs, sausages, bacon, home fries, waffles, etc..we'll ship them out and then my sister and brother are coming to visit for dinner which will be an easy one of cold ham and assorted salads..

Rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 09:03 AM   #3
Certified Pretend Chef

SO requested steak, baked potato and steamed broccoli. Who am I to complain.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:04 AM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

We have a chuck roast and a rack of pork ribs on the smoker. The ribs will be for dinner tonight and I'll make shredded barbecued beef for later.
Click image for larger version

Name:	0513181059b.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	29996
Old 05-13-2018, 01:27 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Little brown eyed girl wanted one of her absolute favorites. crawfish etouffee. I made her happy!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 04:17 PM   #6
Master Chef

Our kids took us out for dinner last night since DIL is working today and DS left for his out of town summer job this afternoon. Just DH and I here today. We did IHOP after church and will do leftovers for supper. We have some hot dogs and chili sauce that will be reheated along with some baked beans.
Old 05-13-2018, 06:17 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Persian inspired food today. Porterhouse lamb chops marinated in a mix of cilantro, preserved lemons, garlic, s and p, and olive oil, then grilled. Side was couscous with roasted red and yellow bells, zucchini, red onions, plus more preserved lemons, black garlic, and a dressing of cilantro and olive oil, s and p of course.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2018-05-13 18.55.56.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	30000  
medtran49 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 07:50 PM   #8
Executive Chef

I cook for Mother's day every year, and it is a challenge. Lot's of dietary restrictions.

This year, I made steak and veggie kabobs on Dad's Weber Genesis grill, which is just like mine, which made it easier on me. No guesswork.

Appetizer was cherry tomatoes from my sister's garden, on toothpicks with fresh basil and fresh mozzarella. I was shocked to learn that nobody in my family had ever had that combination. They liked it. My sisters fresh tomatoes were sweet as sugar. Awesome.

I used Choice NY Strip steak, with Texas 1015 onions for the meat skewers. I used red and orange bell peppers, shrooms, and cauliflower for the veggie skewers. I have to be very sparing with any kind of oil for my mom, so they were a bit dry for me, but the rest of the family loved them. A quick spritz of PAM and some fresh black pepper.

So, my work is done for another Mother's day.

CD
Old 05-13-2018, 08:33 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Neither of us has had enough spoons for much cooking for a while now. Stirling had some spoons today, so he made biksemad (Danish hash). Oh, that was really yum. There should have been pickled beets with that, but we didn't have any. We did have the eggs and bacon crumbles to put on top.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20180513_185623.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	30001  
Old 05-13-2018, 09:05 PM   #10
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Mom, Dad and I went to Laramie for the day. Saw both my sisters and my oldest nephew. One sister long enough to send her off to work, the other is in the nursing home there, still recovering. There was no way we could get her into the truck, so we did not get to take her to lunch.

Took the nephew out for Thai, he did not care for it. M,D &I loved it. Took nephew to Wendy's to get him lunch. I am now eating the Pad Thai he did not like.

Tags
dinner