Mom's Day dinner..Nobody ate? 5/10/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
It's bed time on the west coast. Earlier I did pan fried lamb chops for dinner with a veggie dish of hominy, bacon, onion, chopped spinach and grape tomatoes.

Hope nobody went to bed hungry. ;)

Duh, like I said, it's bed time. Would a Mod please correct the date?

Last edited:
Kayelle, I'm guessing you had a date other than 5-10? After all, Mom's Day was on the 10th.

I figured I'd mosey over to DC while waiting for the appropriate time to wake the birdies. Dinner consisted of a salad full of goodies, pork tenderloin slathered in Dijon mustard and olive oil, then rolled in herbs de Provence, asparagus, green beans, and a long grain rice mix. Himself did a perfect job of broiling that tenderloin. :yum: I had wine for dessert, but I added a slice each of orange and strawberry. That makes it healthy, right? :LOL:

Spatchcocked grilled chicken that was marinated in lemon juice, olive oil, lots of garlic, rosemary, S&P. The side was a potato/fennel casserole.:yum:

Special request dinner for Mother's Day. Stuffed flank steak, baked potato and steamed broccoli.

Had a grilled over charcoal steak dinner planned. DW's diverticuli, however, had other plans. She's been in a hospital bed since Friday, and isn't expected out until at least Tuesday. The woman needs to quit scaring me. Besides, I was looking forward to firing up the Webber for the first time this year.;)

Mother's Day dinner is postponed.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Had a grilled over charcoal steak dinner planned. DW's diverticuli, however, had other plans. She's been in a hospital bed since Friday, and isn't expected out until at least Tuesday. The woman needs to quit scaring me. Besides, I was looking forward to firing up the Webber for the first time this year.;)

Sorry to hear Mrs. Chief is not well. I hope she's well and back home soon.

Oh no. Get well soon, Mrs. Chief!

Positive vibes sent your way, Chief. I've been going to visit my mom in the hospital since before xmas. Very stressful and exhausting...

I made GF the pork tenderloin in cream sauce last night...
vyBWZXN.jpg

Last edited:
DH smoked pork loin ribs again and I made potato salad. DH also had the last of the cole slaw I made last week. Now I need to make more. He loves it :wub:

Attachments

• 1431352572802.jpg
    1431352572802.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 188
Kayelle, I'm guessing you had a date other than 5-10? After all, Mom's Day was on the 10th.

I figured I'd mosey over to DC while waiting for the appropriate time to wake the birdies. Dinner consisted of a salad full of goodies, pork tenderloin slathered in Dijon mustard and olive oil, then rolled in herbs de Provence, asparagus, green beans, and a long grain rice mix. Himself did a perfect job of broiling that tenderloin. :yum: I had wine for dessert, but I added a slice each of orange and strawberry. That makes it healthy, right? :LOL:

So glad to hear you did that tenderloin that way CG. I'm hungry for it again now. :yum: So simple, so delicious.

Sounds like it was a pork night! We went to the local BBQ place. I had the smoked brisket and pulled pork platter with macaroni and cheese and BBQ baked beans.

So glad to hear you did that tenderloin that way CG. I'm hungry for it again now. :yum: So simple, so delicious.
I like the fact that it's easy, too. I have made a more hands-on recipe in the past, "Snowboarders' Pork Tenderloin", from a recipe I found in a mystery book. The version from the book called for 5 minced garlic cloves; by the time I minced, I stunk!

Your recipe is easier, and I like the fact that Himself actually likes the herbs version with lavender. Himself charred the outside just right while leaving the middle pink. Perfect!

Back
Top Bottom