Mon 15th January-What's for supper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're grilling everything: rib lamb chops brushed with olive oil, salt, and lots of fresh pepper; small whole potatoes brushed with same; and asparagus, brushed with...you got it.

Just bought a stove-top smoker this afternoon and cooked chicken, new potatoes, and corn. Had with a Caesar salad. We will probably do leftovers or make a pizza because I went WAY overboard on the toppings Saturday so we have quite a bit of leftovers with that meal, too. Does anyone hate eating the same thing too close together like I do?

suzy - if you have some kind of artisan/rustic bread you should grill it - you already know what to brush on it! :LOL:

kitchenelf said:
suzy - if you have some kind of artisan/rustic bread you should grill it - you already know what to brush on it! :LOL:
Cheeky. :LOL:

And then all I need is a dessert that's topped with...

I'm still on the mend from the flu so this was my fourth day of Campbell's chicken noodle soup. DH had short ribs that were in the freezer from - leftovers from a meal last month.

Tonight we had whole-wheat tomato/cheese/basil ravioli with a couple of tomato/basil/mozzarella chicken sausages. Husband had his with just a little tomato sauce, while I had mine with a little warmed Ranch dressing (which I find makes a terrific "tangy" impromptu Alfredo-type sauce).

kitchenelf said:
Today is our 14th wedding anniversary so I imagine it will be a few drinks and dinner. It suits me just fine to go to our favorite local pub, hang out, go home and CRASH! It has been so slow at work I can hardly stay awake!!!! :chef:
Happy Anniversary Elf,
may you have many more...Hope your dinner and drinks were wonderful and that you've crashed softly:LOL:

kadesma

happy anniversary elfie and that lucky guy of yours!!!! wishes for happiness for many years to come.

many, many years.

year after year, after year. day in, day out. ad infinitum.

lol, j/k. all the best.

he really is a lucky guy, ya know.

we had an odd dinner last night sharing a buncha odd things. broiled bbq sauced chicken legs, rice pilaf, spaghetti pomodoro, baby peas, apple slices, roasted peanuts, watermelon, and a california pizza kitchen thai chicken pizza.
and brownies for dessert.

JCJ said:
Does anyone hate eating the same thing too close together like I do?

My DH does not want dinner tonight that we had last night. No matter how well I sealed it and immediately placed in the frigger, he says no thanks. I ended up dumping my very delicious and incredible Beef and Barley soup that I made way too much of, as I had it for lunch 3 days in a row but knew he didn't want to see it again, possibly ever. Not a big fan of that soup:wacko:

Back
Top Bottom