Mon 15th January-What's for supper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
I'm making spinach and ricotta stuffed pancakes tonight. Thinking of a lemon pudding for DH. I can't find a recipe for that surprise lemon sponge that makes a sauce underneath it so maybe a lemon tart.....that is more sophisticated anyway!

What is everyone else cooking today? :chef:

Leftover Beef Vegetable soup, NY Bread and Derby Pie ! It was yummy, - pure comfort food ! ;) (Freezing rain expected today- yuck)

Last edited:
I think my husband is taking me out to lunch (hey, we believe in celebrating EVERY holiday). So supper is likely to be soup or something like that.

lulu said:
I can't find a recipe for that surprise lemon sponge that makes a sauce underneath it so maybe a lemon tart.....that is more sophisticated anyway!

Try this: Hot Citrus Pudding from Delia Online

I bet lemons would work fine if you have no limes.

Not sure what we're going to have. Depends if I have time to go out and get some dried apricots. If so, Turkish lamb stew with chickpeas, aubergine and dried apricots. If not, pork chops roasted in the oven. Mandarins for afters. Or if I can be bothered, apple crumble.

Oh Snoop, you are an angel, that looks good! That's what I'll make DH for pudding.....looks perfect! I really did not fancy tart making today!

Tonight is our last night at home for a week or so. We're off on vacation tomorrow to the Mayan Riviera (WOOHOO!!), so tonight we will have pork chops and all the veggies in the fridge. LOL. I'm cleaning out anything that might rot while we're away. I have a huge urge to bake today but am suppressing it as I know it would just get icky while we are away.

No idea yet either.
Am fancying meatloaf or a turkey crepe recipe I read yesterday in a magazine. I don't have ground beef, only have ground sirlion, so have to visit the local supermarket if I go with the meatloaf. I do have turkey steaks and all else to make the crepes. That lemon pudding sounds wonderful and with a DH that adores lemons I may just do that. Is there a way of making self rising flour or do I have to buy that?

for self raising I always use plain with added baking powder...never had a problem LEFS!

YT2095 said:
frikadelen with vegetable rice.

simple but Yummy :)

OK, I could go Google, but I suspect just asking what this is will produce a quicker answer. What is frikadelen YT?

it`s a German type Patty, thicker than a burger and plenty spices, often done with ground pork, although these particular ones tonight will be ground turkey.
size of these are about 3 inch around and 1.5 inch thick.

Red beans and rice - I had the ham bone in the freezer since christmas and picked up 2 pounds of andouille sausage yesterday. Slow cooked the beans for 3 hours yesterday. It's rainy and damp here and a bowl of red beans and rice is just what this lady needs.

We are going to have meat or chicken broth, with little bread dumplings made of whole wheat bread,soaked in a little milk, then saute onion, in butter and mix with the bread and milk add in some chopped chives, parsley,salt and pepper and some finely chopped mortadella or some ground pork flavored with nutmeg. A little flour, mixed in to help it hold shape, then form into dumplings. Roll dumplings in flour, then cook in boiling water, then add to you heated meat or chicken broth, sprinkle on some parmesan. Sounds like it takes forever, but it goes pretty fast. Polenta with meat sauce, salad,hot Italian bread, and drowned ice cream:LOL:

kadesma

Last edited:
probably soup. maybe saltines, too. or i'll get a deli grilledcheese- they're only like $2.50.

YT2095 said:
it`s a German type Patty, thicker than a burger and plenty spices, often done with ground pork, although these particular ones tonight will be ground turkey.
size of these are about 3 inch around and 1.5 inch thick.

Alix said:
OK, I could go Google, but I suspect just asking what this is will produce a quicker answer. What is frikadelen YT?

I had to look it up too, and I think a few months ago I did when someone mentioned it.
``````````````````````````````````
Oh and...........
Thanks for the help about the self rising flour..................

Today is our 14th wedding anniversary so I imagine it will be a few drinks and dinner. It suits me just fine to go to our favorite local pub, hang out, go home and CRASH! It has been so slow at work I can hardly stay awake!!!! :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom