Mon. dinner 6/20/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ya beat me by 2 minutes Kay, so I copied my post over here. :LOL: Maybe a mod will come along soon and delete the other one.
------------------------------------------
Hot day today, so another cold plate for me for this evening. Chilled grapes, mango and watermelon, a couple of deviled eggs, and red pepper jelly with cream cheese on crackers.

I got the jar of red pepper jelly from a little specialty store in NoCal when I was up there recently - it's delicious, and I've been enjoying it randomly a few times a day. :yum:

Last edited:
I've been thinking about you in this heat Cheryl. We got up to 98 today, how bout you? SC has a son in Palm Springs, where it was 122 degrees, with 20mph winds gusting to 35. Sounds like hell to me!!

Froze the Pickerel from the other night, thawed it today and pan fried it, and served it with porcini risotto and chopped salad
s0nN9ME.jpg

Last edited:
80 and muggy, waiting for a cold front to bring us a line of thunderstorms tonight and cooler temps until the end of the week.

A salad and a dish of strawberries washed down with several glasses of iced tea.

Mmmm....that looks good, Rock!

Kay, it was a high of 111 today - supposed to be a degree or two hotter tomorrow. Can't wait till winter!

Chili dogs. Craig had home fried potatoes with his, but I didn't want them so I just had my chili dog. They were huge, belly buster hot dogs made by Penn Dutch (our local butchter store) so I just had 1 plus some of my leftover chili. Craig's were loaded with cheese, his chili and a bunch of other stuff.

Tonight was "clean out the fridge" night. You don't what to know the combos we ate for dinner.

I had busy day today, so not much energy left for making dinner. So we had BLTs with a tomato I bought at the farmers market Saturday and pickles on the side.

Attachments

• 1466475725074.jpg
    1466475725074.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 147
Nothing here but lotsa leftovers. I got a little too ambitious cooking over the weekend, and I have a feeling I'm going to be nibbling away at it for the next few days.

We ended up with leftovers, too. Good thing I had plenty to offer, because after last night's basketball game I couldn't sleep. It would have been dangerous to work with knives and hot stoves today. :LOL:

Himself cleaned up the chicken stuffed peppers, I finished the steak and mushrooms with wine sauce. Nibbled on fruit the rest of the night.

Back
Top Bottom