Monday 1/16/2012 What's cookin' good lookin'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Baked pork chops with Parmesan cheese, black pepper and onion (Kraft makes a new seasoning packet with Parmesan cheese-I'm going to give it a try). We Will also have rice and a veggie. Something from the pie maker for desert! Yea!

Last edited:
Oven fried chicken thighs coated lightly with mayo, then dredged in italian breadcrumbs with various seasonigs, sweet potatoes, and I am thinking about trying this roasted broccoli recipe for the veg, I know no other way to eat broccoli than with cheese, lol. Trying to shed my green veggie snobbery. I now love asparagus, and managed to eat b sprouts when roasted with balsalmic, oo and garlic.

Homemaade Pizza!

Tonight's dinner was homemade cheese pizza! This was our first try at it, and it came out better than expected. It's hard to roll out the crust thin enough. But practice, practice will make better. My biggest problem, as usual...is portion control! :ROFLMAO:

An oven baked chicken thigh; breaded with 1/2 chicken shake n bake, 1/2 Panko, and made packaged chicken gravy with the added juices from the chicken. Nice!

I went grocery shopping in case it get's too cold the rest of the week that I don't want to go out. Like there's not enough food in the house already~~ my pantry cupboards are bulging. For a quick dinner I made Chili Dogs with diced onions and a quick grate of cheese. I forgot I don't especially like cheese on my dogs. Glass of milk. One handful of chips.

Big salad along with Stilton crumbles, chicken chunks and fresh pineapple.

It is frickin freezing in L.A. this evening so I'm going to fire up the grill and do some carne asada. The frozen package of skirt steak from Costco has been sitting on the kitchen counter defrosting most of the day. Simple S&P and they'll be tossed on the grill. My wife has all the sides ready already.
I'm still at work but I can already smell the smoke!

Last edited:
Tofu (Marinated in my secret oriental marinate), baby spinach, baby rocket, enoki mushrooms, button mushrooms, bean sprouts, spanish onion, garlic & ginger. One fantastic lunch.

I made whole grain, wheat fettuccine and served it with leftover chicken cacciatore. I enjoyed it more than DH did. He isn't crazy about mushrooms or dark meat. All the sauce seemed to be thick with dark meat and 'shrooms. I heated some pasta sauce out of a jar and picked out all the pieces of white meat for him.

I used 200 grams of flour to make the pasta. I usually boil about 250 gr of dry pasta for the two of us. Whoa, that seemed to make a fair bit more. I'll try 175 grams next time.

Oh yeah, we had red and green coleslaw with that. I know it doesn't really go, but I really wanted some raw veg and I'm out of lettuce.

salad with ginger dressing:

img_1096998_0_0e9411932c8572d6ff17e0e053b689e2.jpg

sushi deruxe and a salmon skin hand roll:

img_1096998_1_53f246b20ca315c192472112882b6381.jpg

img_1096998_2_94d248ecf7fc9dbf6cbf4b28d968a588.jpg

Last edited:
Yum! Wish I would have got the sushi platter at Costco...19 pieces for $6.75, California rolls with shrimp and crab.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Yum! Wish I would have got the sushi platter at Costco...19 pieces for $6.75, California rolls with shrimp and crab.

Sigh. Costco. How I love Costco. So far away....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom