Monday 1/16/2012 What's cookin' good lookin'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess I am a member of the leftover club. I had leftover Kale and Apples in Apple Cider Reduction so I thawed out another Pork Chop and opened a can of Butter Beans(BLUCH!! I will never buy them again. I will stick to Frozen Lima Beans instead of gray canned ones!!) I "flashed fried" the pork chop and heated the sides in the microwave.

It is frickin freezing in L.A. this evening so I'm going to fire up the grill and do some carne asada. The frozen package of skirt steak from Costco has been sitting on the kitchen counter defrosting most of the day. Simple S&P and they'll be tossed on the grill. My wife has all the sides ready already.
I'm still at work but I can already smell the smoke!

Well, we did all that and a friend that we invited requested some miso soup so I told her to pick up some fresh clams as I had the rest of the ingredients. So we had carne asada and miso soup last night.

Attachments

• P1060371.jpg
    P1060371.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 147
  • P1060372.jpg
    P1060372.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 151
Well, we did all that and a friend that we invited requested some miso soup so I told her to pick up some fresh clams as I had the rest of the ingredients. So we had carne asada and miso soup last night.
Looks wonderful rf!

I've got a cold working in my brochial tubes. I'm making a batch of chicken soup tonight. Just have to decide whether I want it with dumplings, or home-made noodles. It will have pearl barley in it, with celery, carrot, onion, a bit of sage, a little pepper, salt, either noodles or dumplings, you know, chicken soup.:yum:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Well, this is tomorrow...but I have to start it tonight while TOU electricity rates are agreeable.

Cabbage Roll Soup - Foodland Ontario

I don't have cabbage, but I have homemade sauerkraut (rinsed). I'm using ground chicken and ground beef. And, I'm using wild rice instead of white rice. We'll see.

I'm thinking that you could do a twist on hot & sour soup with the sour kraut. That might just be very tasty.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I'm thinking that you could do a twist on hot & sour soup with the sour kraut. That might just be very tasty.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
That thought has crossed my mind...I've found out that kraut is rationed for the rest of the winter...we've consumed 1/2 of the stockpiled jars...I might be able to sneak a jar out of the pantry and back to the farm in March...

Back
Top Bottom