Monday 1/16/2012 What's cookin' good lookin'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
LOL Ok let's get cooking!!

I have HUGE bone in split chicken breasts that will be sesaoned, pan seared and roasted. Sides - hub wants stuffing, cauliflower and gravy.

What's you plan/

Nothing, today is clean out the fridge day. Anything left in a storage container at the end of the day gets tossed. Just in time to fill it up again for next week.

Same as PF--clean out the fridge/eat leftovers day. I am thinking of something easy for tomorrow....thinking wild rice casserole since I tossed the wild rice in the freezer thinking I'd make a turkey this coming weekend. The turkey has been vetoed, so now I can make a casserole from the wild rice...or soup.

We rarely have leftovers. I have just about mastered cooking 4 servings (for a family of 4 people). If anyone moves out I will be in trouble. LOL

We rarely have leftovers. I have just about mastered cooking 4 servings (for a family of 4 people). If anyone moves out I will be in trouble. LOL
I plan leftovers so that I don't have to use the oven during the week (TOU electricity rates). Big cooking on the weekends, leftovers for the week heated up in the microwave or stovetop.

Leftovers here, too :clap:
Tonight I'll finish off the leftover lamb meatballs and lemony asparagus from the other night... so leftover leftovers there :ermm: And I'm kinda getting hungry right now for some of the Cajun wings I grilled last night. I'll nibble on a few of those cold with some ranch.

I too always plan on leftovers. Otherwise I'd be eating takeout all the time. I just need to make a more concerted effort to using them up relatively quickly and not sticking them in the freezer and forgetting about them. That's why I'm eating out of the freezer until it's empty!

We will be having spaghetti and meatballs, a vegetable (probably corn), and salads, if the lettuce is still good. :yum:

SO and I went shopping today and ate lunch out. Dinner will be a meatloaf sandwich for me and a salad for her.

Cheese potatoes, using vitauta's cute little canned potatoes.
Ham scraps from Christmas
Cabbage salad from a "kit" (musgoe at the green grocer)
Apple crisp with slow churned vanilla ice cream.

Loaded up the smoker today. Pork loin chops and chicken breasts.

BBQ Chops tonight with corn and mashed potatos. Smoked chicken Caesar salads for supper tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom