Monday, 1/24/2011, What's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't cook tonight. We went to our fav Mexican restaurant and I had my all time favorite: Mexican Shrimp Cocktail...YUM!!

I have little smokies to use up so I am going to wrap them in bacon! Lol. My bf will enjoy throwing them on the grill, I'm sure. I'll probably put them in between two cooling racks secured by wire to they can all just be flipped as one. Or maybe make little smokey shish kabobs...should I put BBQ sauce on them, you think?

I am probably too late, but don't forget to sprinkle them with brown sugar too. Yum! Might as well have some sugar to go with the sausage and bacon.
:idea:For me tonight, I think it will be beef fajatas made with the left over roast beef from yesterday. Do you think it will work??? I have never used leftover roast for that, but it just sounds good tonight, and that leftover roast has to be eaten anyway...

I make fajitas from leftover steak. Not exactly a roast, but IMO fajitas are more about the seasonings and veggies.

Thanks! I am going to try it anyway. I am really hungry for the spices, the veggies, the tortilla...

Not sure here either. DH is teaching tonight and DS is coming to work on the computer (having connection issues with the modem). I told him I'd feed him if he'd fix the computer so I'll fix him his choice of dinners.

Got the router replaced so I made him Parmesan Chicken, roasted potatoes and green beans.

I mixed the leftover taco meat with the leftover wildrice mixture. I added a sprinkle of water to let it steam on low. I tasted it, but it was fine as is. I ate a mug full and froze the rest.

DH didn't get called in so we had pizza. Dad's and mine was a bought one that I added cheese and toppings to. It has always been good for emergencies. But not so great today so I am going to stick to homemade. I am thinking of trying to freeze the prepped raw pizza for a fast meal. DH used gluten free bagels and liked it.

Just so you know-you can use leftover roast and make some pretty good fajitas. They turned out just fine, and more tender than the steak.

chopper said:
I am probably too late, but don't forget to sprinkle them with brown sugar too. Yum! Might as well have some sugar to go with the sausage and bacon.
:idea:For me tonight, I think it will be beef fajatas made with the left over roast beef from yesterday. Do you think it will work??? I have never used leftover roast for that, but it just sounds good tonight, and that leftover roast has to be eaten anyway...

Mmmmmm that sounds great! I didn't have a chance to go to the store for the bacon, so I'll have to do that next time.

Pizza topped with tomato paste thinned with water, crumbled sausage, bacon, green bell pepper, onion, fresh garlic, mushrooms, fresh parsley, herbs, spices, ground red pepper flakes, mozzarella, grated Romano & Parmesan cheeses.

img_963023_0_ff69ec0abdfdd6bebe89adc140b7a88b.jpg

img_963023_1_acf805382e771c2d71ccb92c4e79eafb.jpg

img_963023_2_91c9ab01ff2d0e0453f20ab5003abcc7.jpg

Sausage bread (browned sausage, fresh parsley, ground red pepper flakes, fresh grated Romano & Parmesan cheeses and mozzarella) layered and rolled jelly roll style in bread dough. The bread got a little browner then I like but it was good.

img_963023_3_447c384604003a07a8f9b746d67eab33.jpg

img_963023_4_186df97f85a96007ba07b7c1eea0a812.jpg

Last edited:
Must have been Pizza night. I bought a Digiorno Pizza. I have never tried one before. Considering the price and convenience can't beet it.

Penne in a mushroom/shallot/garlic/white wine sauce, topped with grated Parmigiano Reggiano. Green vegetable on the side.

Back
Top Bottom