Monday, 1/31/2011, What's making it's way to the table?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love collard greens and agree that cream collards do sound good.

I just purchased a pressure cooker. Honestly I am a little bit afraid of them, but want to overcome the fear. My mother put a chicken in flight once when one exploded on her 40 years ago. A sight I will never forget. :shock:

Kathleen
Creamed collards does sound good. I will try that one. I agree a pressure cooker blowing is not a pretty sight really scary. The newer pressure cookers are safer and easier to use. You have the manuel don't be afraid of it.
Going to bed with visions of that chicken flying thru the air :ROFLMAO:

Josie

Kathleen
Creamed collards does sound good. I will try that one. I agree a pressure cooker blowing is not a pretty sight really scary. The newer pressure cookers are safer and easier to use. You have the manuel don't be afraid of it.
Going to bed with visions of that chicken flying thru the air :ROFLMAO:

Josie

When you get a creamed collard recipe that you like, share!

I'm waiting for Amazon to deliver the pressure cooker. It better have a manual! :)

We had whole wheat fettuccine with sauteed garlic, mushrooms, asparagus cut on the diagonal, and roasted red peppers, tossed with goat cheese and Parmigiano Reggiano.

I made Penne with Roasted Cauliflower and Red Onions, a recipe I got from Women's Day magazine. It was delicious. If I have time I will post the recipe.

I made a big pot of taco meat and had it on flour tortillas with sour cream, cheese and lettuce. If there had been any decent tomatoes at the store, there would have been diced tomatoes for on top too.
The vine tomatoes I have been getting for the last week are fantastic for off season. Red, ripe, juicy and packed with great flavor. Not mealy at all. I LOATH a mealy tomato!! It has really surprised me how good they are.

It was a replay dinner Cheese Ravioli, meatballs & braciole gravy, salad (the tomatoes have been beautiful for off season or there wouldn't have been any on my salad) and garlic bread. Cherry cobbler for dessert (I didn’t get any pictures of it cut because it kind of fell apart when cut).

img_965221_0_13f9351e4485cdf02f80ff8121487146.jpg

img_965221_1_21c1c6c4917330e93e19511dee839c49.jpg

Back
Top Bottom