Monday 10/3/2016 what's in the pan Stan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is very bad. We sort of need our thumbs.

High blood pressure is no big deal, had it all my life. Meds just make me pee a lot.[/QUOTE]
I know it's been high. I'm predisposed...I'll start taking it more seriously. Dial back on the excesses...except the peeing..that starts tomorrow...

This is very bad. We sort of need our thumbs.

High blood pressure is no big deal, had it all my life. Meds just make me pee a lot.
I know it's been high. I'm predisposed...I'll start taking it more seriously. Dial back on the excesses...except the peeing..that starts tomorrow...[/QUOTE]

Meh. As long as you have a bathroom or a wooded area that's not available for public view, it's all good.

Glad you got your thumb back!

Sliced my thumb pretty good.

Hehe, along that line...I was hoping my newly bought Cuisipro 3 way grater would do that, lol. It's bomb proof thick and heavy. Then again, so are the grate holes. I wish they were machined sharper. They could be tighter together too.

Thinking out loud here...I'm getting the idea to forget about 3 way graters and just buy a separate medium grater and a zester. They'd take up about as much space in my drawer and I bet I can find a flat medium grater that is sharper than anything they make in a flat 3 way grater. Note to self...dummy.

Last edited:
Roch, I hope you recovered from your weekend. And just keep reminding yourself that managed HBP is always better than UNmanaged HBP. Now your biggest challenge is to not get :mad: mad. Evil on the blood pressure...

Happy birthday, tenspeed. I think it's cute that it's YOUR birthday but your WIFE wants to go out! I thought she enjoyed your cooking. ;)

GG, from your post I'm going to guess that your cold is all gone. :flowers: BTW, do you have a recipe for a creamy chicken and poblano soup? I had a bowl of it at a now-closed deli about a decade ago. So good!

I made salads, then moved a few leftovers out of the fridge. What in the world would I do without leftovers? :LOL:

Everyone in Matthew's path, be safe! Thankfully, most tropical storms are reduced to just heavy rains by the time it reaches us. We sure could use rain up here.

Forgot to mention - we are keeping a very close eye on Matthew. This afternoon's forecast was looking pretty scary, so I will be grocery shopping tomorrow and DH will make sure we have fuel for the grill and the generator, as well as clearing stuff from the front porch and backyard, to prevent them from becoming missiles.

Take care, everyone.

We just made reservations for a hotel on the west coast Thursday and Friday nights. I'm filling and freezing 2L bottles of water. Already filled the car with gas along with several containers. Don't think the generator will do us much good.:(

Happy birthday, tenspeed. I think it's cute that it's YOUR birthday but your WIFE wants to go out! I thought she enjoyed your cooking. ;)
She likes most of what I cook, with a few exceptions that she just tolerates, like when I bring home calamari. But hey, squid happens!

Last night both of us had sesame crusted yellowfin, which was delicious. It's not something that I make (not yet, anyway).

We just made reservations for a hotel on the west coast Thursday and Friday nights. I'm filling and freezing 2L bottles of water. Already filled the car with gas along with several containers. Don't think the generator will do us much good.:(

It's not certain how close it will get to us. Hoping we won't have to evacuate.

Wound up having TJ's spinach salad and franks and beans.

Last edited:
GG, from your post I'm going to guess that your cold is all gone. :flowers: BTW, do you have a recipe for a creamy chicken and poblano soup? I had a bowl of it at a now-closed deli about a decade ago. So good!

No, but I do now! Sounds delish! I'll put it on my list for later this month. I'll be roasting, peeling and freezing more of those, and the other, peppers from the garden. Thanks for the suggestion! :heart:

So I inadvertently sent you on a recipe hunt. Should I say "sorry" or "you're welcome"? :LOL:

My memory of that soup was of fresh poblanos, not roasted. If you do try out the recipe you found and like it, would you pretty please share it with the rest of us?

So I inadvertently sent you on a recipe hunt. Should I say "sorry" or "you're welcome"? :LOL:

My memory of that soup was of fresh poblanos, not roasted. If you do try out the recipe you found and like it, would you pretty please share it with the rest of us?

Say you're welcome! ;) I googled and found several, so I'll probably combine a few and see what I can come up with.

Hmm. Unroasted poblano peppers have a pretty tough skin, although not as tough as Anaheim/Hatch chiles. I might add a slice to my salad tonight to check that out.

Hey, I could be wrong! I just don't remember there being a "roasted" flavor, but they might have been done in an oven just enough to skin. It's been at least ten years - I'm surprised I even remember it! I guess it was good...:yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom