Monday 10/3/2016 what's in the pan Stan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I feel like ham or bacon and eggs ?. Maybe just ham and salad. And biscuits or corn bread if family wants one.

After seeing several posts about chili over the last couple days, I think it will be that. I made some almost inedible salsa with extremely hot jalapenos, so that will go into the mix. My chili is always an adventure.

We had mash , gravy and persiljejärpar , it like oblong meatballs but has parsley in the batter. Turned out really yummy.

I'm defrosting some chicken thighs. I think I'll make a marsala style sauce with shallots and mushrooms.

Tamale Pie which I started yesterday. Some quick finishing touches and into the oven. Hope everyone on the east coast is keeping a sharp eye on Matthew!

Well plans may change. DD wants franks cooked in doctored up baked beans. Perfect opportunity to try my powdered blackstrap molasses and powdered maple syrup. I bought them to use for rubs.

BTW my hub doesn't believe in being prepared for anything but vacation!
:( EVEN after Sandy!

Something easy tonight...not sure yet...It was a very trying weekend..lots of work, food, line ups, stitches, backed up sewers, weddings, driving, sick kids, smashed deli signs. And that was the good part...:LOL:

I may just have some toast

Holy crap, Rock, I'd be toasting something too, and it might not be bread.

What did you injure?

Salad from yesterday, w/2 hardboiled eggs. Eggplant with meat sauce and parmesan.

Reservations. Wife wants to go out to one of our favorite restaurants for my birthday.

The Carriage House

They always have a few dinner specials, and the wine list has a few bottles that the restaurant has deemed to be good values that are not on the regular wine list.

OMGoodness Rock... sounds like a weekend to NOT remember! I'll have another glass of wine for you. Just to help you relax and feel better.

My visiting daughter and I had the leftover Shepherd's Pie from Saturday's supper. Me, the tomato tart as well, her reaction to the tart... ehh! :glare: so I ate it all, no hardship for me! :LOL:

I made stuffed poblano peppers tonight. For the filling, I sautéed onions, garlic and yellow bell pepper and added diced leftover grilled chicken and grated Monterey Jack cheese. I also cooked the rice medley I've been using lately with Penzeys Salsa & Pico Seasoning and added that.

For a side, I thawed and heated some refried beans I made a couple months ago and added a tbsp or so of salsa.

And I made salsa with roasted tomatillos, pineapple, sweet onion and jalapeño to serve on top. Then I added fried tortilla strips for some crunch. Yummy.

Attachments

• 1475538497694.jpg
    1475538497694.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 106
  • 1475538515957.jpg
    1475538515957.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 154
  • 1475538534675.jpg
    1475538534675.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 172
Tamale Pie which I started yesterday. Some quick finishing touches and into the oven. Hope everyone on the east coast is keeping a sharp eye on Matthew!

Forgot to mention - we are keeping a very close eye on Matthew. This afternoon's forecast was looking pretty scary, so I will be grocery shopping tomorrow and DH will make sure we have fuel for the grill and the generator, as well as clearing stuff from the front porch and backyard, to prevent them from becoming missiles.

Take care, everyone.

Happy birthday, tenspeed! What a wonderful looking menu for a birthday dinner. :yum:

As always, such inspiring dinners this evening. GG, your stuffed peppers look so good!

dragn....I could always go for some leftover shepards pie and some of that tomato tart. YUM

Craig...tamale pie sounds so good...I haven't made that in a year or so. Love it.

Leftovers here from yesterday. Country style pork ribs and mashed 'taters, and since the broccoli and carrots got used up, I made a simple green salad for a side.

Gringo taco night here (ground beef and packet mix, Old El Paso taco shells). Tried out my new $20 Cuisipro 3 way grater for the cheese. It's ok, not fantastic. The medium holes are a bit too far spread apart. Not as sharp as I thought it would be. It's ok.

Last edited:
Simple ordinary fare for us tonight...grilled thighs (Tajin, Arizona Dreaming) and glorified salads.
After all the carb filled meals we enjoyed on our New Mexico vacation, I'm glad to be back on track. I'm not going to get back on the scale for at least the ten days we were gone, to soften the blow. :punk:

Holy crap, Rock, I'd be toasting something too, and it might not be bread.

What did you injure?
Sliced my thumb pretty good. Reaching into the dishwasher at work. Somehow a sharp edge of a stainless steel strainer was sticking up. Right down the center. In the middle of a rush and getting a catering order together for gf's son who was getting married that afternoon..About an hour later the customer toilets backed up. I had to rush out to the hardware store and get a powered auger/snake and run it down the basement from the length of the drain pipe all the way out to the roadway. Some nasty stuff in there..and on my shoes:yuk: I came back to work the next morning to find some guy with a trailer smashed into our sign and knocked pieces of it off. Nothing I can't fix, but will have to find the time..Then, told by my doctor today that I have high blood pressure and have to start taking medication...somehow, I'm not surprised...:LOL:

I skipped the toast and had a chicken breast on salad...less carbs...:wacko:

[iQUOTE=Rocklobster;1482696]Sliced my thumb pretty good. Reaching into the dishwasher at work. Somehow a sharp edge of a stainless steel strainer was sticking up. Right down the center. In the middle of a rush and getting a catering order together for gf's son who was getting married that afternoon..About an hour later the customer toilets backed up. I had to rush out to the hardware store and get a powered auger/snake and run it down the basement from the length of the drain pipe all the way out to the roadway. Some nasty stuff in there..and on my shoes:yuk: I came back to work the next morning to find some guy with a trailer smashed into our sign and knocked pieces of it off. Nothing I can't fix, but will have to find the time..Then, told by my doctor today that I have high blood pressure and have to start taking medication...somehow, I'm not surprised...:LOL:

I skipped the toast and had a chicken breast on salad...less carbs...:wacko:[/QUOTE]

This is very bad. We sort of need our thumbs.

High blood pressure is no big deal, had it all my life. Meds just make me pee a lot.

Back
Top Bottom